Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered these TRD wheels for my new xB...do you have the TRD lowering springs too? Im trying to get an idea of what the difference will look like with and without the springs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
oh, also did you add tinting to the driver and passenger windows or is that how it comes stock? I'm just trying to gauge what to expect when I go pick mine up next week!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plipto said:
I just ordered these TRD wheels for my new xB...do you have the TRD lowering springs too? Im trying to get an idea of what the difference will look like with and without the springs.
Thanks all! Yeah I ordered the car with the TRD wheels but only put the TRD springs a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't have any pics before the springs. I was initially on the fence about the springs but now that I've seen the difference in person, a drop really does make it look so much better I think.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rhombus said:
That's the HTM? I thought it was lighter than that! I like it! nice ride!
Thanks! Those pics are a pretty accurate representation of the color. Hypnotic Teal Mica is completely misnamed. I hate teal. Everyone that's seen it in person agrees with me that it's a blue/gray color not teal(blue/green).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rhombus said:
oh, also did you add tinting to the driver and passenger windows or is that how it comes stock? I'm just trying to gauge what to expect when I go pick mine up next week!
The xB comes standard with "privacy glass" which basically means all the windows aft of the B-pillar are tinted glass. I had the front two tinted with 35% film to match the back as close as possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your teal Xb looks awesome, I have the teal Xb and I wish I could modify my ride but I will have to get a job first ha ha. When I finish trade school & find work the mods will be first order of business. The tint on the front windows really goes well w/ the wheels & spoiler. Thats one thing I would like to do first is tint the front windows. Do you have any issues w/ visibility at night?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coastarippa said:
Your teal Xb looks awesome, I have the teal Xb and I wish I could modify my ride but I will have to get a job first ha ha. When I finish trade school & find work the mods will be first order of business. The tint on the front windows really goes well w/ the wheels & spoiler. Thats one thing I would like to do first is tint the front windows. Do you have any issues w/ visibility at night?
Glad you like it :) Nice to see a fellow HTM owner. No visibility issues at all since the tint is only 35% to match the standard rear privacy glass. It looks pretty dark from the outside but is hardly noticeable from the inside.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a good size box (12") but it sounds phenomenal. I researched powered subwoofers to mount under the seat but found that I could get much more size/power/quality for much less money going the traditional amp/sub route. I don't know anything about building custom enclosures and wasn't impressed by the many I'd seen other people do so far, so I went for it. I lose some cargo space, but it hasn't been an issue yet. When I do need the full cargo area, it's easily removed by turning the two wiring posts on the side of the box and tucking the wires under the cargo flap. Ultimately, I figure I use the cargo area 20% of the time and use the stereo 100% of the time :)

I got 4500K HID's from www.mobilehid.com. I couldn't be happier with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now I really wish that I would have bought the HTM. The dealer didn't have one and they didn't have a color swatch to see if I would like it or not. Oh well, yours looks nice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love the styling on the new xB compared to the other generation. It still maintains its slight boxiness but has much sexier curves now! If I had one it would be slammed with a crazy sound system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts