Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go, stock last week (well spoiler add)...

Running LEDs installed :

Night shot (my 370z nismo in the back ground)

Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars, Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs, Styluz M541 18" shoes with Nexxen rubber 225-40-ZR18, WeatherTech Front/Rear Deflectors, SuperBright LED 194 replcements for factory park lights, and Putco 4000k H11 and 9005 bulbs to replace all the yellow OEMs are on order (broke now lol and everytime I hear a truck going down the road I run to the window in hopes for a big brown ups truck!). Parts should start arriving anyday so I will get pics up as I move along with the build!

-Toasted
================
2012 Super White Toaster
Spoiler
MaxLED Running Lights

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
SuperbrightLEDs.com (great prices and quick shipping, hand them in my hand in 2 days using priority mail.) I picked up the "WFLS-x-BK series Weatherproof High Power LED Flexible Light Strip - Black Circuit". Cut a small slit in the solid vent to slip them through, that coupled with the sticky tape that comes on them holds them snug and secure.

Here is a link http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini_tubes.htm

You can also pick these strips up at Auto Zone / Advance Auto but you are going to pay a few dollars more.

I also got my 194 replacements in today and installed, they made a HUGE difference in the look over the yellow 194s in that last pic. I will get a shot up and post it in the morning and I will get a close up of how I pushed through the vent..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres a daytime pic of the 194s, so glad to see those yellow bulbs out. Bonus to consider here, the WLED-x6: T10s have doubled the night time visibility over the OE 194 bulbs and the clarity is amazing. I highly recommend these to everyone, it is the best $3.79 you will spend on your XB imho.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I also got my 194 replacements in today and installed, they made a HUGE difference in the look over the yellow 194s in that last pic.
I just did something similar on my 2011, I agree it makes a huge difference and looks so much better. I'd recommend this upgrade for everyone with a 2011 or 2012.

My DRL project will be posted soon!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just did something similar on my 2011, I agree it makes a huge difference and looks so much better. I'd recommend this upgrade for everyone with a 2011 or 2012.

My DRL project will be posted soon!
Can't wait :D
Your projects are always well detailed and inspiring!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Depends on what box arrives next haha. From the list I should get my weathertech visors in today. Springs and sways beginning of next week hopefully, wheels and shoes hopefully by the end of the week or next week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speaking of, got home today to a box of WeatherTechs. Cake install and popped my caps off while I was at it until the new shoes and rubber come in.

Lovin it more everyday, but seriously can't wait for the springs and sways to come in. Really want the drop and handling improvement more than anything. See ya soon with more pics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok got a great deal on HIDs at the Import Alliance event and got them changed out this evening. HUGE difference, see for yourself. No more yellow lights, except for the Fogs and I just ran out of time to get them in tonight! I built customer panels to mount the balasts up too as well, will get pics of those tomorrow as well as the Fogs after I am complete.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are the custom mounts I did in the nice free space above the fender wells. I used a sheet of ABS plastic that I picked up from Home Depot and the sweet brackets that came with the Go On's. I think it turned out pretty well, looks pretty much factory.

Hope you like it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the Spings and sways on, the ride is unbelievably better. The handling is ten fold increased, the power sway to the back when accelerating is almost completely gone. Curves are a blast now to push through and throttle down out of the apex.

DF210s and Hotchkis front and rear sway kit rocks!

Just buy it, you will not be sorry!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here, I thought this might help a little more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.