Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you think and some suggestions too please.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: My Box...

Love the black insert-is it vinyl
or paint?

Suggestions...hmmm...looks
like those front windows may need some
tint.

Welcome,
Joe

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Its vinyl and yeah i was thinking about tinting the front but my brother has had bad luck with police and tinted windows. It definately looks sharp though with all windows tinted. I just ordered the NIA eyelids I can't wait to see how that looks.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Nice ride.

Police will only give you trouble if your front two windows are tinted darker than the legal limit of your state. In most places it is illegal if you tell them to match the front tint to the back windows (which already come tinted from factory). Not saying that the tinting place will not do it....but they will warn you first that if you should get pulled over they will not be held responsible for the ticket. The scion factory tint looks a lot lighter than some other SUV privacy glass tint anyhow so I matched mine. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Can you post a pic of the windows so i can see how it looks? And I also just purchased tail light tint covers I hope they are legal haha

·
Registered
74 Posts

I am not sure what the % of tint was...I just told them to match the front windows with the back.  I also had the strip on the front windshield done.  Even with the tint matching in the front to the back, you can still see inside just fine and I think that is what is important for cops...they want to see in when they are walking up on you.  Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

yeah that looks really cool. I like the strip of tint on the front too. How much did that cost?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts

Window tint, vent visors, and windshield banner or tint is a must in Texas. Legal for the front windows here is 25%. Good thing the dealer did it for me. Also, I'm running tinted tails and haven't had any problems.

Welcome to the best darn xB2 site anywhere!

·
Registered
74 Posts

I paid $80 for the front two windows and the windshield strip. $80 is a lot just for that little bit of work....I could have gone to the Ghetto to get it done for cheaper (my husband paid $80 for his entire car in the Ghetto)....but I have used this place before and they did a good job on my last SUV.

Where do you live? I am in FL and it is hot in the summer time.....and the tint makes a big difference. I also got the custom fitted front windshield visor to assist with keeping out the heat when my xB is parked in the blazing sun.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for the help Hellen now my mind doesnt have to worry about getting pulled over with the tinted tail lights anymore. I saw in the description of your car you had custom graphics. Anywhere that i could see that?

The ghetto :rofl: . well $80 isnt as bad as i thought it would be. I live in New York and they seem to not want anyone to enjoy customizing their vehicles here because of the restrictions. The snow also doesn't like cars with lowered suspension or ground effects haha. This is my first and only car so i cant store it away. I would love to own a second.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

TrinEire said:
What Rims are on your XB. Look sweet! ;)

Trin
18" DrifZ GT-R and thanks Trin!

I just installed my NIA eyelids and smoked tail tint. I will post the pictures.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Smoked Tail Lights

NIA Eyelids

·
Registered
783 Posts

did you tint your tails yourself? or did you have someone else do it for you?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I did it myself.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks and no i think this was your first time welcoming me lol.

·
Registered
783 Posts

i really want to tint my tails, because i don't like the super red, could you post a DYI on how to tint them?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Dude. said:
i really want to tint my tails, because i don't like the super red, could you post a DYI on how to tint them?
ya sure :yes:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.