Scion XB Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Just got the strut bar yesterday and there were no bolts with this thing. I assume I re-use the bolts that you remove to place the bar on top of the struts, right? Did anyone have to remove the cowl?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The best way to get to the rearward bolts is to remove the cowl.

· Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts

· Registered
1,069 Posts

· Premium Member
747 Posts
I think I would trust kSport springs over no name ebay springs any day of the week.

Please though Calvin, let us know how those springs work out for you!!!
Make your choices, either way I love all you haters!!

My ebay springs look great and have a smooth ride. I have gotten alot of complements at the 2 meets I've been to this week.

My ebay headers have been on for almost a year and sound and look great.
My ebay CAI looks excellent and is a true CAI, not a "wanabe" like alot of the name brands are.

Either way my stuff works well and saved me a ton

· Registered
243 Posts
which ebay springs did you buy? the M2 or BKA.

· Registered
243 Posts
never mind. i clicked the link in your earlier post. duh!

· Registered
97 Posts
I'm not hating on ya dude. The Header, Exhaust, CAI and Strut bars from ebay have proven themselves time and time again. I'm just worried about something from a no-name company that holds up the entire weight of the car that has no track record. No hate....just cautious. :)

· Registered
58 Posts
I ordered and installed a trd knock off cat back exhaust, in large part because of this thread. The guys at the shop were all laughing at me while i was installing it. All making the raspberry noise with their tongue to simulate a farty coffee can type of exhaust note. The laughing got a little louder as I struggled a whee bit with fitment. A few of them laughed loud enough to merit a wobble socket to the dome when I started to install the slide on/clamp on exhaust tip.

It all stopped when I fired up the car. The exhaust note is great imo, not racy, just a nice tone. I relifted the vehicle so the peanut gallery could get a second look. I gladly accepted their apologies through their unspoken words.

Seems the newer kits have addressed some of the earlier issues. Mandrel bent tubing and a slip on tip so you can change the angle if its off a degree or so. All in all, I'm very happy with the product. I've only driven it 31 miles but love the look and the tone. No or minimal droning at 70mph. Light acceleration gives a nice, non raspy tone. Hard acceleration the same with a little more volume.

I have no idea if this kit is going to last a day, year or 5 years but I am definately happy at this point.

$128.00 shipped to my door in a nice timely manner. No complaints...yet...

Thank you for taking the time to start this thread. I'm sure i'm no the only one that truly appreciates your input/reviews but I wanted to voice it. Again, Thank you.

· Registered
123 Posts
Boogie, could you get a video please? i wanna hear the sound. And does it replace the scuba also? Are you running a header as well?
$128 pretty affordable. I wanna do it as my next project. Thank you

· Premium Member
747 Posts
Wow what a deal and the seller has earned a coveted Top rated seller position. One of my guys in the San Diego Scikotics bought his header for 250 bucks or so. I bought my header, springs and CAI and still had lunch money.

Stupid to me.

· Registered
601 Posts
Wow that is awesome. I really appreciate you posting this write-up Roller_Toaster! Also great responses and other people's experiences here too (Boogie, evilcalvin, TrevorS!

It's good to know these ebay parts are a very viable alternative that perform. From your rear end videos, the car just kind of sounds faster and more responsive so I believe it.

I kind of wish I could do this but I have a long warranty. I may be playing it safe for engine parts at least.

I take it there is no bypass valve in the ebay Cold Air Intake?

· Registered
97 Posts
I'll see what i can do. All i have is my phone so im not sure how it would come out sounding. I got the complete kit with scuba delete. Ido not have an intake or headers...yet. :)

This is the kit I ordered. Same vendor too.
5 5" Oval Muffler Tip Catback Cat Back Exhaust System 08 11 Scion XB T2B 2AZ FE | eBay
Its been about 2 months since you installed this and I'm interested in how its holding up. Do you happen to have a video of it so we can HEAR what this exhaust set sounds?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.