Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first car with TPMS....will this prevent me from getting RIMS? I have stock steelies right now from the factory.

If I ever do get RIMS, I would like TPMS in the RIMS as well....how much am I looking at to get something like this done? I might just not get RIMS if its a big hassle and expensive to do.

And are all rims TPMS capable? Or only RIMS from toyota/scion come stock with these features?

·
Registered
739 Posts
This thread should help.

TPMS and Aftermarket Wheels

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Since our biggest tire/rim store here is Discount Tire, I used their interactive selector. They charge $7.50 per wheel to rebuild the sensors, so it's $30 for the four. I want to use the Tanabe NF210 lowering springs and put 17" rims on my 2009, so that will be done for me at purchase.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Basically all rims are TPMS ready, the diameter & length of the TPMS stem is STANDARD. Just watch out for rims where the valve stem opening coincides with a spoke, it "might" interfere with the screw on lock of the TPMS stem.

·
Registered
739 Posts
There is another thread on this site where someone made a sealed pressurized holder for all of the sensors and put the holder where the spare tire is. Said it worked and didn't have the hassle of changing over the sensors whenever he changed wheels. You just have to check the tire pressure more often, but it might be worth a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.