Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I ended up aquiring an Xb about a year ago. It was a hard decision because I was in the market for my first vehicle. Like most guys in there early 20s, I didnt want to go the normal route and search for a "sports" car. I wanted something more practical. Something to take on road trips without worrying about maintenance, something with plenty of interior room, inexpensive. Lets just say that after test driving an Xb. I was sold. After owning it for about a year, I could definetly say that Im pleased with it and couldnt be happier. The first thing my friends say when they come in is "holy crap! There is so much room in here!" lol. But I believe I got bit by the mod bug recently and its time to make this Xb "mine". Hopefully I can learn much about this car here. Thanks for reading my rant!!

· Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the site! We all pretty much feel the same about our xB's too. :D

As I'm sure you have found, there is a TON of information here about modding your box.

· Registered
846 Posts
Welcome! The nice thing about starting to think mods is that it gives you time to line up all the things to be done when the weather gets better. Our B's are made for modding!
Have fun.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Pretty active forum Id say. I forgot to mention that Im mechanically inclined and work on Audi vehicles for a living. These Scions are so simple to take apart! Lol. I come from a german backround and well..............cant say much for those guys. Thank for the welcome fellas.

· Registered
601 Posts
Welcome!

Hah, my buddy with a Audi S5 just said the same thing after getting a flat and having to figure out how to jack and take off his wheel, lol. They don't keep some things simple I guess.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha. His wheel probably rusted to his hub. You can take out all 5 lug bolts and the wheel still won't come off. Good car though. Kudos to him!

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
601 Posts
Haha. His wheel probably rusted to his hub. You can take out all 5 lug bolts and the wheel still won't come off. Good car though. Kudos to him!

Actually he said it just fell off since it has lug bolts as you say instead of lug nuts. It doesn't sit on the bolts like other cars.

But now that I read a little, it seems like what you said is fairly common as well as people not being able to get any of the bolts off.
lugs nuts vs. lug bolts - TDIClub Forums

Interesting stuff, I had no idea. It makes sense why they use this method instead but it has advantages and disadvantages.

· Registered
34 Posts
congrats shocked your not in a A3 or A4 lolol I am the only guy amongst my freinds that buy non German vehicles all my freinds drive vws and audis I decided to buck the trend other than the fact that I love agons its XB 4 ME

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually he said it just fell off since it has lug bolts as you say instead of lug nuts. It doesn't sit on the bolts like other cars.

But now that I read a little, it seems like what you said is fairly common as well as people not being able to get any of the bolts off.
lugs nuts vs. lug bolts - TDIClub Forums

Interesting stuff, I had no idea. It makes sense why they use this method instead but it has advantages and disadvantages.
Huge advantage is that the lug bolts rarely due break..........and I mean rarely. I used to work at Pepboys when I started and studs would break left and right from "careless" techs tightning them with an impact gun. I hate it when the wheels seize in the shop. Can't imagine what a customer has to go through once the lug studs are removed and the wheel won't come off. Lol. Some call the dealer and ask "WTF?" Lol. But yes it is a common problem and only recently has Audi decided to add a layer if anti seize to the hub.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
congrats shocked your not in a A3 or A4 lolol I am the only guy amongst my freinds that buy non German vehicles all my freinds drive vws and audis I decided to buck the trend other than the fact that I love agons its XB 4 ME
Audi vehicles are very nice. I really like them. But they are EXPENSIVE to maintain. Even for me with discounts on parts. I guess by working on them so much, I got over the whole "luxury sport" car image. That's why I stated in my first post that I was looking for something different, inexpensive, and practical. Something that will last. But yes, I would love to aquire an RS4 one day when I settle down. Just not now. Kudos for you to sticking to what you like. We all have different tastes and one must respect that.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
My first car was an 85 Audi 5000.
Engine was GREAT!
Everything else broke all the time, esp. the electric windows. We had to BUDGET for that as a monthly expense. The windows just slid down.
In fact, it was taking the Audi for the up-teenth service on some randomly broken part when my father bought the Miata back in 1989. Now, over 2 decades later, the Audi is long, long gone . . .
I drove an 87 VW Vanagon (was mother's originally) from 1992-1999, then the 90 Miata from 1999-present.
The Vanagon was a Wolfram Grey VW Vanagon, Wolfsburg Edition (I LOVED it!)

I miss the VW far more than the Audi. Part of me still wishes we changed the VW's engine to a Subaru instead of getting rid of it (as part of my father getting a 1999 Miata, trading my VW for his old Miata).

The xB reminds me A LOT of that VW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.