Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased my first xB! It is a 2011 that was sold as brand new as it belonged to the dealer and was being used as the Scion Promotions Guy's vehicle. Had 9000 km on it but qualified for the full warranty as if it was a 2013 model! Having been their Promotions Vehicle it came with 18 inch Axis rims, rear spoiler, TRD lowering springs, paint protection package, 5 speed manual, and leather interior with heated seats! And they threw iin brand new stock rims and tires for winter (Canadian)! All this for $7000 less than a 2013 with the same options! Silver Metallic! Love it!
My wife until recently had a 2005 xB that I really liked (now has an xD!) but I always said I would like just a little more space and power. The second generation xB is all of that! Couldn't be happier!

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wow what a deal! Congrats on the new xB :cheers:

You'll find a lot of people who are knowledgable and passionate about their xB here to help with just about any question you might have. I know I've learned so much here over the years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome all!! First mod I am thinking of doing is installing the TRD Quick Shifter, I love a short throw shifter! Has anyone here installed or tried the Quick Shifter? Wondering if it makes a lot of difference?

And Mike!! You must be the king of cool colors!!! Love all the colors on your xBs, awesome machines!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome all!! First mod I am thinking of doing is installing the TRD Quick Shifter, I love a short throw shifter! Has anyone here installed or tried the Quick Shifter? Wondering if it makes a lot of difference?

And Mike!! You must be the king of cool colors!!! Love all the colors on your xBs, awesome machines!!
:p thanks buddy. I def like to be different! Keep us posted on whatever you do to your new ride. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums :cheers:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah, you got a **** of a deal! I like the dark gray wheels on the silver xB and I'll get some someday myself. Sweet ride. Glad the xB2 fits you like us :) Welcome to the club, hehe.

Oh and just curious how the TPMS works out on switching out the wheels since you have two full wheel-tire setups. I thought about having that too but would be a little annoying having non-working TPMS when on the 2nd set of wheels and I understand you'd have to have them reprogrammed each time you switch to prevent that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks hikingmike! Luckily the gray wheels appear to have had the TP sensors installed in them already. I am assuming/hoping the original wheels have the sensors and the dealer didn't use those ones in the gray wheels! My wife bought an xD for almost the exact same deal at the same place the same day! Hers came (shipped) with the regular wheels/tires on it and they threw in a set of 18 inch TRD alloys with the tires already on them. After we put the new wheels on every time the car is started the TPMS indicator flashes for the first 5 min before remaining on but, without flashing. It doesn't turn off.
I had a Grand Prix that did that every time I put my winter wheels on which didn't the TP sensors. When I looked it up for that car it would cost about $40 per tire for a sensor. I just lived with it. I am guessing the Scion is like that too. I hope my regular wheels have the original sensors!
I will have to look into it though, later model Grand Prixs came with an option to turn off the TPMS for this exact reason, maybe xB has that option? I will do some googleing!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
You have to have the serial numbers of the tpms's programmed into the car for it to recognize them. The dealer should have done that for your xD - unless the 18's don't have sensors.

If you search the forums there is a thread about this where I linked to a device that is made for people who switch out their tires each season.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes that is correct Mike, it has been lowered on TRDs. Absolutely love the look and the feel when driving! Feels great in the corners! Would like to swap out the shifter knob for a better/nicer one, but nothing wrong with this one for now. What an awesome vehicle!!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.