Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this back from my sign guy.

I thought they could use some paint so...

I'm sending the gauge cluster out to garage1217.com to do the lights in white and I'll post up as soon as I get them back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone tested their Xb without the gauge cluster installed to see if the Xb will run or to see if their computer throws any error codes.

If so what issues have you seen? and is there any work arounds?

I am also looking for what type of code reader I can use to diagnose (read error codes) the computer system.

The reason is that I want to replace the gauge cluster with something else. The other option that I have is to overlay the new system over the top of the old cluster and keep the stock gauges installed and operating.

·
Registered
67 Posts
According to the Scion Dealer if I remove the gauge cluster the Check engine light would turn on, but should not affect the operation of the Xb. But for $54 I can bring it down and they will run a diagnostic on the vehicle to verify this as they have not tried it as of yet.

I would be losing the MPG calculations, but that is what math is for, right!! :sneaky:

·
Registered
9 Posts
scvscions said:
I just got this back from my sign guy.

I thought they could use some paint so...

I'm sending the gauge cluster out to garage1217.com to do the lights in white and I'll post up as soon as I get them back.
well... where the new pics of your white lights?? we wanna see 'em in the daytime & in the dark... thanks in advanced for posting.... jh

·
Registered
9 Posts
scvscions said:

heres some with the leds changed to blue and white
Looks good, brooooo good job!!! I see that you are going WITHOUT the stock face behind your new one.. Have you tried it at all WITH the stocker in there just to see the difference?? You really should try it, now that you have something to compare it to!! let us know! keep up the good work! jh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts