Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are. 18 inch rims. I painted them myself. I live in the Chicago area and snow is coming soon so I am enjoying them as much as I can.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, but I know if I lower my back end that my exhaust would scrap every time I drive up and back down out of my drive way :(

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey digging up an old one but nice job on the wheels salvation. I dig the split spokes with one thick one thin, and great color. How are they holding up?

What is up with the seasonality thing? Is it because you guys all have slicker tires on those? What if you had "normal" tires on? Is it to keep the wheels in better shape too maybe? What's the ride difference like with the 18s? I know Chicago roads can suck just as bad as STL.

Thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I swap my wheels/steelies in the spring and fall. It is partially to keep the wheels protected from the huge amounts of salt they use on the roads here. Another is that summer tires are made of a different rubber compound to make them "stickier" to improve handling. When it starts getting cold though, the rubber starts to get stiff and they tend to slip alot more. Then its time to put on the steelies with all-seasons or even snow tires like blizzaks.

I bought my Konig's used with tires. The guy even warned me about losing traction around 40 degrees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.