Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new 09' XB has a nice big dent in it now thanks to my own stupidity. Pulling out of a parking garage I literally tapped a frickin pole & CRUNCH! A nice big dent in my rear bumper & a cracked tail light.

Is there anything I can do to protect my bumper? Of course being plastic it's so flimsy & being a Chicago resident parking is never easy & people bump into it all the time & it seems to dent/scratch so easily...

I'm new to this forum so I'm going to see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
diro82 said:
So my new 09' XB has a nice big dent in it now thanks to my own stupidity. Pulling out of a parking garage I literally tapped a frickin pole & CRUNCH! A nice big dent in my rear bumper & a cracked tail light.

Is there anything I can do to protect my bumper? Of course being plastic it's so flimsy & being a Chicago resident parking is never easy & people bump into it all the time & it seems to dent/scratch so easily...

I'm new to this forum so I'm going to see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

Thanks for any advice.
WELCOME to the site, diro82! Shame you had to post about a big dent to say hello :(

Last time I was at the dealer (last week, freebie oil change) saw a sign out front for bumper repair, $245. Don't know what it includes, though. They're in Langhorne, PA.

I have a self-inflicted wound in my bumper as well. Backed into a chain link fence. Made a nasty gouge.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just take this opportunity to add an upgraded bumper! Better yet a whole body kit! Seriously tho sorry that happened. My son recently opened his door into a stone pillar and sccccrape. : (

If the taillight is only cracked, it is not a hard task to put in a replacement. You might be able to post around and see if anyone has a stock set for sale. GL

·
Registered
477 Posts
Without seeing the dent, I can tell you that a plastic bumper that has had the corner pushed in can sometimes be popped out using a hair dryer. As far as the taillight go, they are on Ebay for $25-$30.00 plus shipping for new takeoffs.

A large Scion decal is perfect for covering up scratch after the DIY attempt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.