1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow dude nice xB! I want that Pioneer stereo so bad. I like the emblems on the back too. Was it difficult to change the front seats to racing seats? And how much were they?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weapon R has seat brackets already for the xb2. So no, you buy the brackets from them, get some rails, and 80% of the aftermarket seats bolt right up. I used the WR seats to showcase it for a photoshoot. I think they sell them for like $300 a set or something. Im returning them on monday, its not hard to install, but it sets of all your airbag lights plus u disable the entire airbag system in your car, not to mention the seats and bracket is lower, so you feel like your sitting on the ground. Its about an inch and half lower. Im 6'3" and with these seats I can barely see over the dash. So yea they look cool, but no.. Id much rather have functioning airbags and a dash thats not lit up like a xmas tree.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah I kinda figured that would happen. The whole side aribags in the seats kills me. In the xB not so worried, don't really plan to hug the corners that tightly. In my Jetta though it sucked. Had some nice seats I wanted to put in but could because of the whole airbag issue.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it kinda sucks, I mean the Weapon R seats I can really feel the road, every bump and pothole on the road, I guess its cuz of the quality of the seats. But one day down the road if I can afford better seats, I would of wanted to get some Corbeau or another brand. I guess my alternative is to get a 2 tone katzkin or another brand leather covers. Been looking into that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The grill is available at ssuperstore.com and is made by ScionFX. Its called the hive mesh grill with the logo cut out. They have several styles, from horizontal bar billet grills to mine without the logo cut out. I bought mine from their ebay store ebay ID scionpro/performance-r and it was like $10 cheaper than their site.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah the gauge cluster is really easy to pop out, clips and a few screws then you just replace the neo LEDs from the stock red/amber to blue or whatever color you want. The bulbs were like about $2 each. The whole thing took my friend with a soldering iron like 20 min to do.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Don't they have pop in bulbs now so that you don't even have to solder? I remember trying to do a mod to my truck back before they even had the LED bulbs avaliable. I messed with it and messed with it but could never get it right. Sucked because the few bulbs that I did get to fit right looked awsome but I could just never get all of them to fit right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts