Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called and said the truck just rolled in! It'll get checked out and cleaned up tomorrow and looks like we'll go down on Wed to see her. He says they got a second one and it was snatched up. He told me after I put down the $$, 3 other customers and 2 employees wanted it.

I hope I like it! No, I hope I love it! If not, it's gonna be BSP!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry if it this is a stupid question but what is the differance between the RS and base model i guess? (didn't want to start another thread)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The RS is the Release Series for 2008. There are only 2500 made and they have special features not available on other xbs. Have you seen pics of the gold xbs? That is the RS 5.0.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah i've seen the gold xB's they are pretty cool i like the black sand pearl myself how much more $$ is an RS from the base?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, don't know the # the dealer called when the truck rolled in. Nobody'd seen in it yet. Sad thing is I don't think I can get down there til Sat! (kids, babysitters, school, 1.5 hour drive to Indy, yadda yadda...)

I may call tomorrow and ask what the # is and post.

Kleenax........the RS is 2470 above base price.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I know I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about it. I will probaby call my dealer in the morning just to let him know they started showing up. I hope mine is here soon I cannot wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Shancopp said:
No, don't know the # the dealer called when the truck rolled in. Nobody'd seen in it yet. Sad thing is I don't think I can get down there til Sat! (kids, babysitters, school, 1.5 drive, yadda yadda...)

I may call tomorrow and ask what the # is and post.

Kleenax........the RS is 2470 above base price.
ok cool I'll prolly go with the base. Be Sure to take some pics when u get the RS Home.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eviljack said:
I know I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about it. I will probaby call my dealer in the morning just to let him know they started showing up. I hope mine is here soon I cannot wait.
I hope you aren't going to be getting any of this winter storm. When I talked to the dealer this afternoon, before the RS showed up, thought they could be late due to the weather. I asked if he had any news on it's arrival and he said no. I told him they had been spotted on the west coast. He laughed and asked if I was tracking it across country.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Man I bet he got a shock when they showed up after you called him hehe. I am still gonna call mine. I kinda figured that because they can't actually "order them" that the dealers really won't know about them till they actually show up. I can't wait to get mine. Man this is killing me even more. I am glad yours is there as it gives me hope it will come soon but I am just too excited. Plus I um don't have a car as I sold mine last monday hehe.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eviljack said:
Man I bet he got a shock when they showed up after you called him hehe. I am still gonna call mine. I kinda figured that because they can't actually "order them" that the dealers really won't know about them till they actually show up. I can't wait to get mine. Man this is killing me even more. I am glad yours is there as it gives me hope it will come soon but I am just too excited. Plus I um don't have a car as I sold mine last monday hehe.
Yeah, I bet he was. I called about 4:30 asking about them and then he called back about 5:30 saying they were there!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrads! haha man the RS5 release info hit like 2 days after I got mine and they said that it be late Feb early March before they see one. I was gonna hold out but didnt, really impatient here lol. Its actually been about a month now, I suppose I coulda waited as they were willing to take mine back since I was preapproved for over 25k so pretty much coulda had anything on the lot. Oh well.. nice tho.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ScionScene said:
Congrads! haha man the RS5 release info hit like 2 days after I got mine and they said that it be late Feb early March before they see one. I was gonna hold out but didnt, really impatient here lol. Its actually been about a month now, I suppose I coulda waited as they were willing to take mine back since I was preapproved for over 25k so pretty much coulda had anything on the lot. Oh well.. nice tho.
I'm quite anxious to see it. If I don't like it, that's just be another 2500 to spend on options! We are approved too, for any we want, just hate having that high of a payment. Good clean credit is such a good thing! :yes:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Did you find out your number yet? I called my dealer and he said latest news he heard was march. I so how he is freakin wrong. I got preapproved early and sometime in the beggining of march my 30 days runs out and I have to get re-approved. Which will be a hassle. I told him how yours came in already but all he said is well we really don't know anything yet. I hate that. The dealers really should be better informed about these things.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sucks eviljack! DH talked with the dealer today and he didn't get to see it as of 3pm today....so no number known yet. We may attempt to get down there tomorrow and look at it. Then we'll decide if we want it or go BSP. Then we get to figure out which options to take w/o driving the payment too freekin high. He said whichever we choose, we'll bring home and take back later to get the options installed. I kinda wanted to bring her home all ready and full of goodies! ohwell! He says they have had 5 more people put deposits down and they have requested them, but doubt they will get them all. So, if I say no thanks, the next guy will grab it up.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah I am excited as well. I am a little worried I may not like it after all this wait. I have decided on super white if I don't like the gold. I am hoping I love the gold though. I really wish I could have seen it in person before hand. If I get gold my extra cash is gonna get me some wheels. If I get white then thats a hard decision. I can get wheels, body kit and have some cash left over. Or I can dump it all into a supercharger. Which would be super sweet.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's kinda the boat I was in. I wasn't able to get the dvd lcd monitors (they didn't want to tear up the special seat fabric) or the rims (didn't like the ones they had to offer against the gold paint). So I got spoiler (320), fog lights (320), mats (155), floor illumination (299), rear bumper applique (69) and nav (1950).

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I got floor mats, and applique. I wanted the nav system, but not after I found out it was dvd based. Its cool as hell with the touch screen, but every three years you gotta replace the dvd at around $320 a pop. I want the door sill lights but I wanna mod them into a different color. I like blue just not on a gold vehical. I thought the DVD players came already mounted in new head rests? I realize that negates the custom fabric but still.

Right now I got lots of plans for the outside. Not so much for the inside. I will probably come up with something once i have had it for a while and get an idea of what I want. I got some nice componate speakers that I had in my Jeep. I am mount them in the rear so I can have a 8speaker stereo system. Then later upgrade the ones in the front to the same brand. Just so many things to do thats whats awsome, but also discouraging at the same time. What to do. The only two mods I know for sure right now are shift knob and guage cluster. Gonna do a shifter boot as well just not sure if I wanna go gold or see if I can get red to blend with the gold somehow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts