Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First few pics of my 2011. No, they're not black and white. It is just that gloomy here in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let's try again...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the JL Audio Stealthbox. It is quite a bit more expensive than the Bazooka, and doesn't include the amp. That said it does go to a much lower frequency and is clean and tight. I like to listen to Massive Attack a lot while driving and their stuff reaches down into the 20hz range.

If you check out some of the threads here, you'll find a lot people have good results with the Bazooka. Depends on your goal. If you just want to fill in the bottom end of the stock system, it seems like the Bazooka will do a great job. Several people have gotten it on eBay for about $200.

I believe if you want really deep bass, you probably need to go bigger. I use the Stealthbox with a JL Audio XD600/1. Together, they run close to $1000. I am not into huge volume, although this package will do it, I just listen a fair amount of stuff with very deep base.

Probably more than you wanted to know. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the wheels most.
Thanks. Blacked out the center caps and used black lugs. Got them from elites-wholesale.com. Best price I could find on the web and outstanding service. Now if winter would get over so I can put on the 18's with summer tires...

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
In a month or 2 I might buy wheels. Soon I will start sound deadening my trunk area, then I can start my fiberglass box for my L7 12". Here is an old pic from my old car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the JL Audio Stealthbox. It is quite a bit more expensive than the Bazooka, and doesn't include the amp. That said it does go to a much lower frequency and is clean and tight. I like to listen to Massive Attack a lot while driving and their stuff reaches down into the 20hz range.

If you check out some of the threads here, you'll find a lot people have good results with the Bazooka. Depends on your goal. If you just want to fill in the bottom end of the stock system, it seems like the Bazooka will do a great job. Several people have gotten it on eBay for about $200.

I believe if you want really deep bass, you probably need to go bigger. I use the Stealthbox with a JL Audio XD600/1. Together, they run close to $1000. I am not into huge volume, although this package will do it, I just listen a fair amount of stuff with very deep base.

Probably more than you wanted to know. Hope it helps.
Whoa! That is a sweet audio set up!! I have heard great things about the JL Stealthbox. Thanks so much for the info. I appreciate the in-depth explanation and your helpful insight. Performance wise I am like you mentioned looking to just fill in the bottom end of the stock system. I think I will go for the bazooka then. Only thing is I haven't really worked with audio installation before so I'm kinda nervous about messing things up since it requires some drilling and a lot of panel removal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The panel removal is actually not difficult. You can get inexpensive panel tools at crutchfield.com. The nice thing about the Bazooka is that it plugs directly into the Scion wiring harness. The rear quarter panel prep looks challenging but doable.

If you do buy from Crutchfield, you'll pay full price, but they do provide fantastic installation support.

Since the original post, I've added Infinity door speakers and a 4 channel amp.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The panel removal is actually not difficult. You can get inexpensive panel tools at crutchfield.com. The nice thing about the Bazooka is that it plugs directly into the Scion wiring harness. The rear quarter panel prep looks challenging but doable.

If you do buy from Crutchfield, you'll pay full price, but they do provide fantastic installation support.

Since the original post, I've added Infinity door speakers and a 4 channel amp.
I see...thanks for the tip! Also was just wondering is there another way to remove those plastic clips if I didn't have those panel tools?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A stiff putty knife wrapped in masking tape would work also or something similar. Screwdrivers are not a great idea. But the tools are very inexpensive. I think I paid 12 bucks for a set of three.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A stiff putty knife wrapped in masking tape would work also or something similar. Screwdrivers are not a great idea. But the tools are very inexpensive. I think I paid 12 bucks for a set of three.
I took your suggestion and searched crutchfield and found 2 sets. Not sure which one bought or which is best for the sub install. Thanks!

OR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.