Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was planning on having the wheels the same color as my wheels! Though i do like the ideal of having black rims! 18inch Would be nice.
Has anyone painted there wheels? Or what have you done to them?

· Registered
243 Posts
i see you've learned how to that posting up and running.

yes! i've had my wheels painted the same color as my ride. a friend owns a paint shop did them for me. we did some batering and trading for the cost and labor.

the color was not an exact match b/c he added more metallic, but i'm happy with the results.

don't know what the straight-up cost would be. i do know the majority of the cost would be in the preparation. my paint guy offered me two options: to have the entire wheel stripped and painted or just the front fascia.

the latter option of course would decrease your cost.

there are several members here that have had their wheels painted. i'm sure they chime-in and share their experiences.

were thinking of crimson mica for your wheels?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Defiently want Crimson mica wheels! Wish i could get 18inch Wheels.!

Yes, I got the posting down. When i tried to post a new thread in the introductions, I guess a admin had to review it or something. Not to for sure. However i posted this and BAM there it is.
Again thanks for the help. Even if i maybe "Thread Challenged"

· Registered
243 Posts
check the forum classifieds section for wheels. some members here are upgrading wheels and offering them for sale to other members and negotiate really good deals.

18" crimson mica wheels would give your B a unique look.

· Registered
979 Posts
You can also find a ton of used wheels on Craig's List.

I don't know how much it costs and what color options are available, but many people have powder coated their wheels instead of painting. It is supposed to be much more durable. Maybe someone who has had it done can share how much it costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.