Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so. Toyota was talking about something like that- but the navigation systems aren't even up to date- people using their phones mostly.
The seller did a live stream video of it for me. He pushed a button and it opened to where you could put a new card in there. He wasn't sure if that would update it.
Yeah, I use my phone a lot , but it would be cool if I get a functional large screen.

I did get some good news....I will get the car in a week , not two! I can check all that out for myself then. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
The seller did a live stream video of it for me. He pushed a button and it opened to where you could put a new card in there. He wasn't sure if that would update it.
Yeah, I use my phone a lot , but it would be cool if I get a functional large screen.

I did get some good news....I will get the car in a week , not two! I can check all that out for myself then. :)
We'll be expecting pics! Looking forward to it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will ! It is also a 9.0 so it will look very familiar to you. :)

It is a wheelchair conversion so my friend can get out and have adventures. I wonder how rare it is because I wonder how many have been converted ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will ! It is also a 9.0 so it will look very familiar to you. :)

It is a wheelchair conversion so my friend can get out and have adventures. I wonder how rare it is because I wonder how many have been converted ?
Probably not many- 9.0's I saw a stock wheelchair conversion 2008-2015 xB and they wanted $18k for it- it had about 35k miles though. Should be fun!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try this place too- I called the last one I sent you and since the stopped making the xB in 2015 they don't do it anymore- but this place sells used ones: View attachment 10721
View attachment 10720
View attachment 10719
View attachment 10718
View attachment 10717
View attachment 10716
Yep…. Those are all the links I have found before. They either don’t offer them anymore, like Freedom, or they are a listing that has long passed, or they don’t respond.

It’s all good anyway….. I get my hands one next week…. And a 9.0 to boot .😜

·
Registered
976 Posts
As lava said, you shouldn't need a subscription. The maps are stored in the head unit. You will likely need to purchase an updated map. You may be able to find one online somewhere too. It might also be affected by 3G wireless being turned off last month. Search the web to see if your nav system uses 3G.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, picked up the car and was able to get the navigation to work. I used google at the same time. It was funny at one point when they began to argue with each other :). I chose google over the NAV and NAV kept me nagging me over and over to go back. I shut it off to get it to shut up. lol

I did have issues getting the route to set each morning. Not sure how I got it to work, but it seems like using the "add to" function to get my current location set made the route to my next destination pop up.

Will have to look into updates. Appears it still has the 2011 version.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts