Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm planning to get a set of wheels. i wan them to tuck, no aggressive fitment, I want to be able to ride low and to be able to turn. No air, just static drop. The wheels specs are 18-71/2 wide or 20-8 wide is all I have to play with the offset.

I'd like the tires size to be flush with the rims, no wider, not streched, but still, as low profile, 30's or 35's, the rear depending on the rear offset, then i would like the tire to be a little wider then the rim, just tucked in there real nice also with low profile tires. the front, I know it will have to be deep inside the well in order for it to tuck and be able to turn, that's fine with me. I'm going old school look, not stretched look.

I'm being sponsored by 2crave, so these are the choices i have, no special production of any wheels, i can only just choose what they have.

Mahalo for the help.

an idea, what about 20's in back, 18's up front? :cheers:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Had a loo at their site and it seems that most of the rims are right around a +40 offset. With wanting to tuck and turn in the front with a static drop I would say to go with the 18s up front. Tire wise a 215 will give you an almost straight sidewall on the 7 1/2" width. Only issue I see is running a 30-35 series the the change in the overall diameter will be smaller than stock by about 4-8%. If you can run a 40 series up front it will be very close to stock diameter.

Your xB is one of the few that I think would look good with different sizes front and rear so I would go with the 20s out back. A 215/30R20 on the rear will keep the front and rear within 1.25% of each other in diameter which should be a small enough difference that the traction control and yaw sensor won't have issues. The rear will have a slight stretch but nothing big. I've run 215s on my 8" wide fronts and it looked great.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a loo at their site and it seems that most of the rims are right around a +40 offset. With wanting to tuck and turn in the front with a static drop I would say to go with the 18s up front. Tire wise a 215 will give you an almost straight sidewall on the 7 1/2" width. Only issue I see is running a 30-35 series the the change in the overall diameter will be smaller than stock by about 4-8%. If you can run a 40 series up front it will be very close to stock diameter.

Your xB is one of the few that I think would look good with different sizes front and rear so I would go with the 20s out back. A 215/30R20 on the rear will keep the front and rear within 1.25% of each other in diameter which should be a small enough difference that the traction control and yaw sensor won't have issues. The rear will have a slight stretch but nothing big. I've run 215s on my 8" wide fronts and it looked great.
Wow! good info bra!! Mahalo for taking the time to write this out!! :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.