Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im having a hard time deciding in what springs to get so that the box gets lowered
im stuck in between the tein s techs, eibach sportlines, and just started looking at the df210s..
i want to achieve the best looking drop, yet comfortable. have heard good things from tanabe as well as eibach and tein. i will be rolling on the factory hubs (16s)....also i dont wanna rub...lemme know what your thoughts are on the best choice pics wud be nice too :) thx of all goes well might purchase springs this weeek yeeea! :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
I used DF's until going to air. I was extremely impressed with the ride quality for such a low drop.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Keep in mind, when you drop, you will also have to change the way you drive. You can no longer careen out of or enter driveways with abandon, you will have to go a bit slower and/or at an angle. The NFs drop roughly an inch and the DFs drop a bit more than 2 inches. Both drop more in the back than the front but the front drop affects you the most because after the drop, the nose may rub.

I'm on NFs and 16x7 alloy wheels, 40mm offset, and factory tires, I plan to go to 225x16/50 tires later. I very much like the improved ride of the NFs over stock, however with my front lip I rub on many driveways unless I slow down and/or go at an angle. Even doing that, I will sometimes scrape the front lip (*skrunch*).

Bottom line is, before you decide on how much to drop, make sure you also consider the roads and driveways where you live, especially if your own driveway is steep and/or you have/want a front lip.

Have fun!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your input brick. ive taKen into consideration the drive way its not too steep the roads here where im at in the 951 arnt bad at all i do check enterances to some of the places that i most common go and they are preety steep, others are koo,....hate deciding with products that all of them look goood :(

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
siiiiik SRI! any rubing or scraping?...

.....since i have the RS 8.0 will it look lower when dropped? since it has the kenstyle kit?

any pics on lowered with stockies?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only one time has the tire scraped the inner, was going pretty fast into a right turn with a dip and the left scraped a tiny bit... Ride is "sporty" feeling, little harsh but fun..
I bought the car new from the dealer with the TRD wheelset.. As far as driveways and such, I have not scraped once, but I have no special ground effects or aesthetics..

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
no, the best bet for a 5 axis is to go with TRDsparks.com, you can get it for like 800 shipped, or something like that. But that is unpainted. I don't know of a place that will ship painted.

I had a body shop paint mine while it was off the car and it cost like 200 bucks, 50 bucks a piece. It came out great too. 100% color matched. Mounting it was easy too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just put on the NF210s. My car has 18 inch rims on it and they do a mild yet exotic drop where the car is just level and the rear wheel gap is about 90% gone. I probably would have put on the DF210 but for my situation that was too low to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.