Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting some vent visors to put on my windows on my xB and I wanna know your opinion on which you think is better or which you like better...the "in-channel" visors or "out-channel" if you will (didn't know how else to describe them). Any info would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the Weather Tech and have no complaints. They just snap into place.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I got the AVS "out-channel" vent visors last week, and I love them so far! I do feel like I got one a little slanted, but it's ok no one else will notice - it could just be my imagination. I got mine on eBay.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the AVS from NAPA. They mount outside with a bit of a bubble to give you some room when the window is cracked. Another person got these pretty cool looking visors from NAPA that are flatter and not as shinny,. They cost about 100.00 bucks but I had already installed mine when I saw his post. That was around Dec/Jan of 2010. You may be able to go back and find that post. Others comment on outside/inside mount.
On my visors the bottom edge has a indented ridge like most visors to give it strength. I put NAPA 1/4 half round chrome trim in that ridge. My car is black and it makes it look a little retro or 40's -50's..
Either way you go it will help keep the rain puddles from the roof from soaking you if you don't open the window too far. Roof puddling after the car has been sitting is like the big Dodge passenger vans . You come to your first stop and it all come rolling forward. The Dodges had channels in the roof for water or snow melt to sit. The XB is a raised panel yet water still collects enough to look like a falls coming down the windshield drivers window, Still baffles me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I love it. Four answers and all are different and all like what they did. Very diverse group.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I installed the AVS Seamless Ventvisors. They are installed with doublesided tape on the outside of the window frame. I got these really just for the looks. They give the car a chopped look. Got them off ebay for $90.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I had the stick on outside ones on the '09, so I left them when I traded. Decided to get the in-channel WeatherTech ones this time. I really like them. Only big difference is that the in-channel only covers the main part of the back windows. I still like them better.

·
Registered
474 Posts
alfundo said:
those AVS's will be my next pair if i need to replace mine...they are the only ones i've seen i like better than mine.
I have the WeatherTech installed, but I agree the AVS's are better looking....don't know if there is any downside to them.

Brewski

·
Registered
339 Posts
I really like the AVS ones. All I find on Ebay are the ones that bubble out. Search continues

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a ton for all the feedback guys! As of right now I'm leaning towards the AVS seamless visors. Seems like those who have them have been satisfied and I like that clean look. I'll post some pics after it's all done!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Good choice... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like mines, I originally wanted the ones that bubble out, but i read that not all fit to perfect and the rumion ones are way expensive, so I bought the seemles ones and dont regret them one bit. i got mines from a website called Autoanything.com if anyone else is interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.