Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 16" MeshX wheels currently on order, when I saw these Konigs in the store (CAVEAT: the actual Konigs I saw had 10 lugs drilled out; 5x100/114; IMO they look much cleaner with only 5 lugs as pictured below. Only the 18"s are drilled with 5 lugs; the smaller sizes are drilled out for 10). I'm sticking to 16" x 7" wheels so these are my final two options. Both weight about the same; MeshX @ 17lbs, Zero-ins @ 16.5lbs.

Imagining, if you will, the Konigs with a 10lug pattern, which would you prefer?

MeshX:

Konig Zero-in:

Never had a set of wheels with 2 patterns drilled out. Is it a big deal?
Thanks for the feedback; No matter what, one of these two wheels is making it on my xB by Wednesday!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have the BBC and I would go with the Konig Zero-in

Brewski :naughty:

·
Registered
51 Posts
zero-in.

I have the same color and i have the same size rims. small sizes in the mesh look much better off then on especially in that color on the bbc. you'll be much happier with a dark colored rim. and having spokes makes your wheels look a little bigger than they are. plus the red rim is sweet haha.

mine - 16 x 7 league wkr-1

·
Registered
474 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
:rofl: For some reason that was really funny! Haha!
All kidding aside I like the Konig Zero-in best on the BBC.... :yes:
And while I didn't comment on ppl_eater's "dark rims" before...I really don't care for the lack of "flash" on the wheels of his xB....sorry! They are good looking rims but, IMO they would look better on a lighter colored xB...

Brewski

·
Registered
474 Posts
ppl_eater said:
haha to each his own.

i'm actually thinking of upgrading to these (more flash) $129 a piece for 20's

Now your talking! That is a good looking wheel.... :)

Brewski

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Brewski said:
Parkers09xB said:
:rofl: For some reason that was really funny! Haha!
All kidding aside I like the Konig Zero-in best on the BBC.... :yes:
And while I didn't comment on ppl_eater's "dark rims" before...I really don't care for the lack of "flash" on the wheels of his xB....sorry! They are good looking rims but, IMO they would look better on a lighter colored xB...

Brewski
I usually don't like black rims because you can't see the spokes very well, but I do like these. Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
ppl_eater said:
haha to each his own.

i'm actually thinking of upgrading to these (more flash) $129 a piece for 20's

That's nice!! I personally would go with 18's or at the largest 19's, mainly because I've heard 20's don't give a very smooth ride... Not saying 19's do either though... Hahaha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both the Mesh X and Zero-in are available through Discount/America's Tire.

I'm still leaning towards the Mesh X for two reasons: 1) it only has one pattern drilled out, and 2) they have a more classic look IMO, and will still look current 5 yrs from now. Reasons I like the Zero-in are: 1) the black with red stripe would complement my interior nicely, 2) slightly lighter wheel, and may appear larger due to spoke design. However the 2 patterns on the hub makes the center of the wheel appear very busy; this stands out even more due to the machined face.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a pic of my BBC with 16x7 Mesh X wheels. The difference in wheel width and rim offset from the stock steelies combined to push the outer edge of my new wheels by 1 cm (compared to stock steelies).

·
Registered
474 Posts
:) Looks Good!

Brewski

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. It definitely rides, and handles, better with the new combo of wheels and tires. The deciding factor in choosing between the Mesh X and Zero-in was the single drill pattern for the lugs. If the 16" Zero-ins were available with a single drill pattern, I would've leaned towards those. Only the 18"s have a single drill pattern; which look great BTW for anyone looking to go that large:

Zero-in w/ single pattern (much cleaner IMO):

Zero-in w/ dual pattern

Next mod are the Oznium bumper LEDs, however, I'm waiting patiently for a tinted version (I'd prefer the tint to be inherent to the plastic material, versus a coating, i.e. spray tint).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to get some black rims that are kinda shiney, not the flat black ones for my Black scion xB any ideas guys? Possibly have something else on them but not sure. I was thinking that the Black on Black would look pretty sweet on there. I just got my car but I hate the hub Caps so looking for ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
YOU GOT THE CRUSH SO IF I WERE YOU I WOULD DO THE BLACK RIMS WITH SOME SHIN TO IT BECAUSE THE ONES I SEE DRIVING AROUND TOWN HAVE THE BLACK WITH GLOSS OR GUN METAL FINISH. I HAVE WHITE AND WANT MAT BLACK FINISH WITH BLUE TRIM CAUSE I GOT THE BLUE THEME GOING ON INSIDE AND UNDER THE HOOD. :naughty:GOOD LUCK.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.