Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have some leds and underbody kit hooked up to my car so when ever I turn on my "aux" lights (yellow lights, the first switch before you turn your headlights on). One side wasn't working I found out that one wire had come loose. Well when I started to hook the wires back together they made a small snap sound and then all my aux lights and my leds and underbody kit went out. Now I figure that I blew a fuse but my Hazard lights still work and my blinkers turn on and i checked what I thought the fuses would be and nothing is blown. Can someone give me electrical Help!!!?? PLEASE!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
this may not be the answer to your problem, but make sure that all the wires go to thier coresponding colors (negative to negative and positive to positive) this has happened to me and my dad before and as soon as he switched them they worked but i had to get new lights because they burned out.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Your running lights have two filaments, one for the running lights and one for the turns/hazards. Both circuits are on different fuses, check your fuses again, you have one blown. On your XB you have two fuse boxes, one under the hood and one under the dash on the drivers side, you will need to check them both.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't look really hard to find the fuse b/c it was about 20 degrees out and I couldn't find my fuse pullers so I did a quick run thru. I will be more careful now that i just realized tonight that my tail-lights are also out due to this ordeal. So thanks everyone for your help and I'll check xbinrochester my fuses inside and outside this time. I'll let everyone know when I get them back up and going and I'll post some pics b/c they do look sick!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea and can someone tell me where the post is to change the Radio name when you first turn on the car. I had changed it once but unhooked my battery and now its back to normal factory settings.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if i remember well enough you gotta turn off the radio then hold the menu button until it turns on... just look thrue the little tabs and you should find it :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone tell me what the symbol for the aux light fuse is I've gone through the fuses and can't seem to understand all them and am wondering what the aux lights would be put under in the fuse box diagram before I take it to a shop and have them fix my problem.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do you have your Owners Manual? Should be able to find the answer there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.