Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for some new tires for my xb as I've worn out the Falken Ziex tires that came with my rims. I live in wisconsin, so it needs to be a decent all season that can handle snow decently. I do A LOT of driving (50,000 miles in about a year and a half) so I want something comfortable and quiet.

I'm ok with about $150/tire, so I know that they may not be the absolute quietest or smoothest ride out there. Open to suggestions. Thanks!

· Registered
164 Posts
I don't have any specific tire recommendations but I have had different experiences with different manufactures.

Yokahama had a good dry tire, but the second the road got wet it was like driving on slicks.

Kuhmo had good all the time tires.

I recently had to put some tires on my car on a budget, traded 2 head units for 2 brand new tires, and bought the other two. They were Sumic or something. They have been good in all the rain and snow we have had and were around $90 a piece.

I always find it's best to just go talk to the place I get tires at, they install them all day every day and have worked with every manufacturer I've ever heard of and several I haven't. They aren't "with" any specific company either and do tires for all sorts of vehicles so they tend to have fair consumer advice.

In any case I have found that more $ doesn't equate to more tire. Others may have more specific preferences but in the case of tires on an xB I wasn't exactly hunting for performance. I go 40 miles a day on the tires I have now though and road noise is hardly noticeable. My exhaust is sort of loud though too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.