Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm (hopefully) about to buy my first xB. I've wanted one for years, but they are hard to find in Europe unfortunately.
Now, one is for sale close by - from 2005, automatic, with 200 000 miles.
It felt ok when driving it, but the engine sounded more "sporty"/louder than anticipated. I don't mind that at all, but it just felt a bit weird.
The big thing however, was the roughness of the idling. It felt like it was idling too high and the break pedal was vibrating a lot. Well, maybe not a lot, but definitely noticeable. The current owner said that he usually put the car into Neutral when idling for longer periods of time like when waiting at a red light. When I tried that, the vibrations were nearly gone so it seemed to work fine as a fix. But I can't imagine this being a "feature" but more of a fault, but I might be wrong.
Is this a common issue with xB's? If so, is it something that is easy to fix? Or maybe I shouldn't buy the car because of this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi!
I'm (hopefully) about to buy my first xB. I've wanted one for years, but they are hard to find in Europe unfortunately.
Now, one is for sale close by - from 2005, automatic, with 200 000 miles.
It felt ok when driving it, but the engine sounded more "sporty"/louder than anticipated. I don't mind that at all, but it just felt a bit weird.
The big thing however, was the roughness of the idling. It felt like it was idling too high and the break pedal was vibrating a lot. Well, maybe not a lot, but definitely noticeable. The current owner said that he usually put the car into Neutral when idling for longer periods of time like when waiting at a red light. When I tried that, the vibrations were nearly gone so it seemed to work fine as a fix. But I can't imagine this being a "feature" but more of a fault, but I might be wrong.
Is this a common issue with xB's? If so, is it something that is easy to fix? Or maybe I shouldn't buy the car because of this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance.
200k is alot- although these cars can do 300k with maintenance. Try a MAF sensor if it's running rough also join "clubxb" the parent site to this one- 2004-2006 xB questions are answered frequently there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts