Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all...
i'm new to the forum and this is my first post...
just pick up a xB last week using as a mostly work, but also family ride.

and already order little bit of stuff
cant wait for them to come in... waiting for mail man everyday...

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/db651/ polk audio $30 shipped
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020VZ309/Clarion-VZ309.html?tp=20217 $130 shipped

radio harness... radio kit... etc... etc...
also got an extra kenwood class d mono amp sitting around waiting to be put in, cant think/decide on a subwoofer yet... going 10 inch... any good suggestions...

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
We added 6.5" speakers in the rear with a 250 amp. Everyone has their own taste as far as music and how they like to listen to it. I like having the extra bass in the rear, sort of a surround sound. Not crazy about the subwoofer because most I've seen only add vibration, not sound. I'm just saying. I'm old school.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new toys installed...

today i just install the speakers at the rear(dont have time for the fronts yet), they turns out to be pretty okay with the stock headunit in a way, havent install the clarion headunit yet hoping that it will sound a lot better, but anyways,,, dont have the stereo kit and harness on hand yet... so have to wait...

pic of the stock speakers

without grill

example with grill on

still cant decide yet on the sub... either 8" or a 10" just to have a little bit of boom boom,,, dont want 12" bcuz i need the space in the trunk... all the space i can get.have

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didnt touch the tweeters but just remove/replace both front door and rear door speakers...
and was thinking about buying an amplifier to for those polk db 651,,, but they sound good enough with this unit... save me some $$$ :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
today i install the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD,,, i just dont like the look of the single din unit Clarion VZ309 i order few weeks ago...

didnt order the double din kit yet.. so the side have a space between it

with screen off

Clarion VZ309 goes into my work cargo van.. hahah

·
Registered
781 Posts
Frisky Biskit said:
Please explain this to me...the replacement Polks have a tweeter built into them so did you disengage the factory tweeters?
FWIW -- I replaced my four door OE speakers with Alpine 6-1/2" coaxials with aimable tweeters. I had to add damping inside the four doors to tame some spurious resonances, but I find the coax and A-pillar component tweeters work well together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.