Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed to replace tires on our xB, and in the process of shopping went on the hunt to upgrade rims. Kind of got focused on 10-spokes, but couldn't get happy with what i was finding. Got close to buying a few different sets of 2011 tC take-offs, but most had tires that didn't buzz me. Finally found a set of BBS CK's last week, loaded with Bridgestone Potenza RE960's (about 90% life left), local so no need to spend $200+ on shipping. Here the "before" and "after":

The 18 x 7 1/2 coupled with 225's added exactly 1" of height, but no clearance issues at all. RE960's are considerably quieter than the Turzanas from the factory--no comparison. Thanks for the input when i was waffling on the Kosei Snipers...that would have saved some $$$ but these are way nice.

earl

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife thought i was crazy until she saw them on. The rims came off a Camry (can't picture them on a Camry!!) so hubs were right and they even needed mag-style lug nuts. After i ordered a set of chrome nuts, found some black ones and began waffling. i think we'll be able to live with the chrome.

earl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.