Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's been awhile since I took my xB back to stock, or at least as close to stock as I was willing to go.

I am officially tired of it!

With that being said I'm going to document my new build on here. For now there won't be a ton of pictures, just some teaser shots. I'm doing this for two reasons. First I'm trying to get everything done in time for the TORC show on May 3rd and taking picture just slows the process down. Second, I want to reveal it at TORC and not have everyone already know what had been done.

First teaser I already posted in the Interior section but I'll repost here.

Second I posted awhile ago when I wrapped the dash panels but this has already had some changes done to it.

And the last one for now was finished this morning.

That is all for now, I'll post some more as I progress.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Burl wood . . .

Woodie!!!
(I wish you would. If that is correct-> PM me and we can discuss ideas. I'm fascinated by real woodies, most "modern" ones suck, and the xB could make GREAT one!- The shape is right.)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Nope, not a woodie. That is a mottled leather-look vinyl. There will be some wood accents, actually carry overs from my previous build, but not going with the woodie look.
In the shot, it looks like Burl. Could look leather just as easy.

Should still look great.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
excited!

·
Registered
185 Posts
that glove box makes me excited. That last pic is of the rear hatch right? I'll definitely be checking back for more pics!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well these were tedious to say the least.

Driver side

Passenger side

Installed

Took 3 hours to make each one, and here's why.

After sewing the edges they hnad to be hand laced around 3/4s of the edge.

As an added bonus here is the majority of the color scheme I'll be working with.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
great job... The 3 hours of work definitely paid off. Those look awesome!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Made some more progress last night after a slight delay from running out of thread the other night.

After wrapping the steering column cover with a single piece of vinyl I discovered that the curves were just too much for the vinyl to handle. So out came the sewing machine again.

And then installed. Sorry for the crappy picture, cell phone at night.:confused:

Overall I'm happy with them even with the imperfections. Gives me practice in the stitch work where it is difficult to see so when i get to the more noticable panels I'll be better at it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
liking it!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That looks really good!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice nice where the handle wiper is, looks like it's missing some sewing threads

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
congrats on the work! coming out nicely!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.