Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got this bad boy yesterday and put t on as soon as i got it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it latches but not like all the way. u deffinatly need hood pins.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Are those air vents or just for lks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for looks. you can cut them out but they wouldnt take in much air.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill try to get a pick later

·
Registered
741 Posts
Other than drilling holes for the hood pins was the rest of the installation a matter of unbolting the hood hinges and reattaching them to the new hood? Was alignment a problem? I do like the look.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
yeah, installing a new hood is very very easy. Id recommend another set of hands just to make lifting it off and putting the new one on easier. Generally the alighnment is fairly good from what Ive seen with aftermarket hoods Ive had. sometimes you got to do a little pushing haha

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea. what phobic sed. with out the hood pins it kinda stick up a little. but once you push it down and put the pins in its stays down.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Which site did you get this from? How much was it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got it from. carid.com. but they wer sh*tty. or you can get it from fastscions.com or extremedimensions.com. extreme dimensions is the actual manufacturer so it like 550 on there and then on car id it was like 100 dollars cheaper. but they f*cked everything all up. so ide try fastscions. i ordered my clazzios from fast scions and the guy i talked to seemed tight.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yea I don't do carid.com. They suck at service, I asked them for a refund.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The hood looks great! Even if there were holes, it's facing the wrong way! Now ya got me wanting to add to the mod list...thanks alot! LOL

·
Registered
368 Posts
STAY AWAY from CARID!!!! They suck and so does their customer service!!!!! Much easier trying to win the lottery than trying to get them to help if you have a problem.

I thought about a carbon fiber hood as well but since I live in Florida I was a bit concerned about how it would hold up in the summer sun/heat. I saw a 370Z with one that looked crackled and faded. That was enough for me. Your's looks great......hope it stays that way.

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey acgxb I've wanted that hood for awhile, dose it have hols for the washer nozzles?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.