Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to introduce myself:
Chris from Southern California {909}
Just recently picked up an 08' Sand Black Pearl xB A/T (wanted manual but couldn't find one with low mileage that fit my price range).
I'm really happy and excited about my car :biggrin: Ive always wanted a Scion (tC/newer xB) I found one for really low $ and low mileage day after 4th of July.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and Scion Meets and so forth :cool:

So Far Mods:
Interior lighting to LED White

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I got home from a hour and half drive to get her:

My sister and her husband have Gen1 and I have Gen2 (Scion Family):

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the site! Do you have any plans for your new xB?
I've already switched out the interior and license plate to White LED's, which came out amazing. Looks like the inside of a Lexus hahaha

but HID's and Switchback have them on order already (ddm tuning) should be here in a week and half

Then changing out the stock stereo and getting 7" Pioneer touch screen w/ JL Audio amp and 10' Diamond

I think last but no least will be Raceland Coilovers with 17" wheels (having trouble deciding on what color wheels)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The People demand a whole album of the two generations together

but we'll let you get settled in :)
Thanks for letting me settle in... I have a sweet dslr camera so be on the look out for a whole album of pictures haha :biggrin::p

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed out the whole interior (dome, map, trunk, license plate) White LED within 4 days of having my car. LOL
In person looks like interior of a Lexus. Super white with a slight hint of blue.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I changed out the whole interior (dome, map, trunk, license plate) White LED within 4 days of having my car. LOL
In person looks like interior of a Lexus. Super white with a slight hint of blue.
I switched out my interior lights to leds too. I still haven't gotten around to the license plate light though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I switched out my interior lights to leds too. I still haven't gotten around to the license plate light though.
License plate part wasn't that hard... all rivets came out fine with a little tug around the cover. All 6 LED bulbs took me like 20 mins to do :biggrin:

·
Registered
846 Posts
The next thing with the lighting is the cargo area. I installed a LED panel in the head liner ~12" from the tail gate forward and it looks great.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The next thing with the lighting is the cargo area. I installed a LED panel in the head liner ~12" from the tail gate forward and it looks great.
I did something similar: I installed two white LED strips, one at the top of each "C" pillar, slaved off of the cargo light. It really helps to light up the cargo area. You can see pics at my website (link is below), once there click on "02 - Light Frenzy".

cmudge26: welcome to the site!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did something similar: I installed two white LED strips, one at the top of each "C" pillar, slaved off of the cargo light. It really helps to light up the cargo area. You can see pics at my website (link is below), once there click on "02 - Light Frenzy".

cmudge26: welcome to the site!
Thanks for the welcome :)

Wow I really like the way it looks with the footwell and the inside... :eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, it's even more fun now with the underglow! (see 15 - Light Frenzy 2)

Good luck with your mods and be sure to post pics for us!
I will be taking more pictures :) I have a nice camera so soon once I get my HID's then its on! lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.