Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Nightwerks Do my Dash This Weekend, Could not handle the Amber LED's any longer

Attachments

· Registered
647 Posts
I ordered my gauge face and LEDs. I can't stand looking at the amber any longer!

· Registered
647 Posts
did mine this weekend as well...

Alfundo, did you just use blue LEDs or did you use some white as well? BTW, it looks great!

· Registered
647 Posts
Thanks! I just used blue leds in the digital display areas, i didnt change any in the dials as i am still using the OEM background. i also swapped out the turn signal leds.
It turned out very nice. I bought a Black n Blue gauge face from Nightwerx. After seeing a lot of these conversions I think I will use white LEDs behind the gauges and blue behind the displays. Where did you get your LEDs from?

· Registered
647 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
Summer Goal: Finish My LEDs. I got a new gauge cluster when that guy was offering to fly Jet Blue out to everyone to install them, but he couldn't make it near me in that month...so I still have the cluster. I might spend some time learning how to solder or get a few price quotes from some local shops.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It's supposedly quite easy . . .
Got a soldering iron that I've used a total of once. Not sure if I'm up to it as my first real soldering project.

· Registered
846 Posts
I've been soldering for 45yrs. and there some basics. The first thing is getting the right size iron for the job at hand. Circuit boards don't require an iron over ~20 watts, excessive heat could damage components or the board so don't but the heat on for too long. Removing the old LED's can be done by melting the existing connection and removing the solder with solder wick or a solder sipper(a rubber bulb w/Teflon tip). Use solder flux (liquid) to help with new LED's connections. Practice on some smaller guage wire first to get the hang of it. Hope these tips help.

· Registered
65 Posts
Really diggin the blue LEDs...added to the "todo" list!

· Registered
647 Posts
For REAL ^^ Same here... That's why I am having one of my maintenance techs do it for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.