Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help with a squeak issue with my 2012 XB. Sounds like someone tapping a ink pen on a hard surface. Noise coming from under the passenger side dash area.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you checked all of the clips on the lower dash parts down by the foot wells? Theres a little piece down there that has 3 clips or so on mine, 08 but should be similar. If it's loose and tapping on the plastic it would sound about right. Or check your glovebox, I left a fuse in mine once and it drove me crazy for weeks trying to figure it out.

Welcome btw.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My 09 made that noise; especially in the winter. I took it to Scion when still under warranty. If I remember correctly there is a TSB about it. It was the plastic wiper cowl (or parts under it) vibrating against the bottom of the windshield. They put a bunch of foam padding around the plastic parts. You'd think they would have fixed it though by 2012.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yea, the cowl rubbs the glass, and causes the sound. It's especially noticeable in cold temps. There is a discussion about it in some older threads, but nothing that really fixes it for good. One suggestion somebody made was to turn up the radio.

·
Registered
164 Posts
+1 for the radio, it works to block out my exhaust too.

My 08 doesn't have the window cowl piece that rattles, but if they just pack it with foam anyway couldn't you just run to Lowes or Home Depot and grab a pack of the door strips? They're foam and sticky on one side and help block drafts around doors but could be stuck to your cowl and push against the glass with the soft side just as well.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That's what I'm doing to do this spring. I got some of that foam strip to put under the cowl. That is if we EVER get rid of the snow. We have ~2 ft. accumulation as of this AM, and it's coming down again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.