Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud owner of a BSP 2012 xB. I've noticed the BSP gets a lot of hate because of the upkeep required but I'm up for the challenge.

The company I work for bought ten white 2012 xBs as company vehicles. That's where I fell in love with them but also the reason I didn't opt for white myself. Love the stormtrooper look but wanted something different.

Anyways, I've owned the car for 3 months and just finally got around to tinting the windows. I did 20% on the front two and it matched up nicely with the rear windows. The next thing I would like to do is acquire some wheels and tires. I really like 18" Motegi SP10s but I haven't decided if I wanna black the entire thing out. Seems like a lot to black out badges, tint the lights, etc. If I do, I'd look at some ALL black wheels instead. Ohio winter seems to have just kicked in so I have about 3 months before I'd even put wheels on because of road conditions.

What do you guys think? Anyone seen some nice wheels on a BSP xB? Suggestions, comments, concerns all welcome!

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Welcome to the site, I had my orange wheels on a BSP for a few months and loved it.

also, welcome to the site! I miss my BSP, but love my super white. And regardless of color, they're all pains to keep clean cause they're too much fun to drive.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!!!!!
From SoCar.

Honestly, the easiest color to keep clean-looking is silver. it doesn't show much of anything.
Following that, probably stingray and (surprisingly) white. Those are the next best at hiding dirt and grime. Army Rock may be right there too, but I haven't seen one dirty yet (from a lack of ME seeing them outside of dealer lots).
I say white b/c my Miata used to be white and it could be FILTHY, but not look too bad. You didn't realize how bad it was until a section got cleaned off and you saw a HUGE color change. That always surprised me. Anyways, the eye is VERY forgiving on white. (It ISN'T forgiving on other hues, esp. reds.) But, my silver xB almost never looks as dirty as it is . . . Usually, it looks "ok," even when it's actually nasty.

· Registered
658 Posts
I'm with TJ. I have a silver FJ Cruiser that was a trail pig and it always looked cleaner than the other FJ's, LC's and Jeeps.

Welcome. I'm just south of you in Lexington, KY.

· Registered
846 Posts
I have found that my HTM doesn't show dust and a dirt either, but I don't drive a lot, so the xB is not exposed to a lot of road junk.( The box will be 3 yrs. old the 22nd,and has 11,250 miles on it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.