Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really like the new looks. Seems much easier to navigate! ;)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Interesting...

Late last night or early this morning something happened & nothing was being displayed below the header on the custom theme nor the default SMF theme. This is the only one that seems to work, unfortunately... it's the standard generic SMF theme w/out all the features of the custom one... Sorry to say, but this hopefully won't last and the custom one will get fixed soon ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know if its up for vote, but I find this theme easier to read. My eye are fading w/ age ha ha. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hmmm... I'll see what I can do, but this is such a generic look and there is nothing to set it apart from the other hundreds or thousands of sites using the same theme. I also designed the rest of the site around the other theme and would lose countless hours, but if this is what everyone wants, perhaps I'll look into at least making it look somewhat decent and unique.

The main problem is that the default SMF theme seems to be suffering the same problem as the custom one, so I don't know if it's a theme or forum-wide problem. I need to get that resolved first.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I happened sometime around 2am my time. Thats when you last posted Eric and I was online and stopped for a break and came back and nothing worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a clear, and great look. The other was good, but just thought I would put in a vote for this one. I know you had a lot of work in this, so I wish you the best in deciding which way to go.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Damn, I tried installing a new theme so I could start from scratch and ran into the same problem - nothing below the header. Even this theme, while it appears to be working, isn't working correctly. Buttons aren't showing up, so all the links are coming out as text. I've been waiting for a response on the support forums, but nothing yet. I'm really sorry everyone!

Update: I just paid to access their support service, so hopefully I can get an answer or resolution soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't exactly see what the differences are but compared to ystC I like the alternating colors of each posts. it makes things MUCH easier to read.

Is this the reason I see "2008 Scion xB Forum" in standard text and "Simple Machines Forum" in the top right corner?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yes, it's the generic, no frills, standard SMF look...

I'm having SMF look into it and see if they can fix the problem since I haven't installed any mods lately and there's no reason this should have happened.

Based on member comments, if/when the custom theme gets fixed and we're back to normal, I'll work on getting some of the other themes set up so there's a choice. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Okay, I got it fixed, as you've already noticed ;)

It turns out the host installed some extra security that had a problem w/ a PHP include I added... I ended up paying $50 for support services I didn't need. Had I checked w/ the host last week, all of this would have been avoided. Unfortunately, I was so short on time, I thought I would get the fastest result from SMF directly - apparently it had nothing to do with them. Now I know & hopefully nothing like this will happen again!

Thank you for your patience!

Now, on a similar note - since so many people seem to prefer a different theme over this one, I'll be working on customizing those and offering a choice. It may take some time, but I will work on it ASAP :D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eric said:
This theme has that... I just went to page one of this thread to double check. I assume undesired_efx was referring to YourSciontC.com (ystc) where the post background colors are the same, but separated by a darker bar w/ buttons...
some users here were referring to the alternating light/dark background colors of posts i think :confused:

·
Registered
172 Posts
the forums have that. If you check it out you can see that Mine and Eric's posts on this page are different from yours, if only slightly. Although it might be nice to darken the one so it's more obvious.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rhombus said:
the forums have that. If you check it out you can see that Mine and Eric's posts on this page are different from yours, if only slightly. Although it might be nice to darken the one so it's more obvious.
that is what i was thinking - Eric, can you make the colors differ a little more than they do now?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts