Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am a proud new owner of a 08 XB. I've been scouring this site and others for info, but can't seem to find answers to all my questions.

I have the base model, and while it is good for stock, I need some more bass. I realize the stock head unit does not have the RCA plugs, so a line out connector would be needed if I want to add an amp/subwoofer. But I am considering getting the Pioneer Premium Unit since it already has the RCA outputs and I really want to keep the Ipod hookup and steering wheel controls.

1) What are the other advantages of the T1089 head unit?
2) How much plug and play is it? How easy is it to install and add a subwoofer? Are the Ipod/Wheel controls still usable?
3) Does it boost the quality of the stock speakers? Would be be getting more out of the subwoofer I planned to install compared to the stock version?

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
"3) Does it boost the quality of the stock speakers?"

Add an amp or replace the speakers, those are the choices. Deck power is barely in Real Life 10 watts no matter what the specs say. those specs are rated on high noise thd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.