Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Brand new to the forum. got recommended here by a friend i work with named RedDragons thats on here. Have had my XB for a bout a year. Done a few mods and i am about half way through modding it, here is a list of everything i have already done and what i plan to do....

Already done-
First 17 inch MSA's all the way around with new rubber
TRD cold air intake
graphic on the front bumper
shark fin antenna on the back
TRD lowering springs
Double din pionner head unit
One Sub in the back
One under the passengers seat with custom box (got the plans off of here)
Borla Dual exhaust
Custom bracket to hold my phone in front of the steering wheel.

Things I want to do-
Unichip or resistor or retune the ECU (some advice of other members here would be appreciated)
Grill (front and lower)
Headlights
Taillights
Sway Bars front and rear
Maybe some interior work, havent quite decided
?

But if anyone has any advice or thoughts or comments it would be much appreciated, thanks for the welcome and im looking forward to this forum!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Welcome!

I'd love to see some picts

·
Registered
844 Posts
First, welcome to the site, you'll find almost anything you want to know here. On the chip replacement, from what I've read here, it really doesn't give much increase in hp. and can mess up the programs already in the ECU. The only real way to get more punch is to install a turbo charger or super charger, both of which costs A LOT.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome to the site! Dying to see some pics of your car. As for the chip, the previous owner of my xB supposedly had one on mine. I've never driven a stock xB, but sometimes I wonder if the uneasy sounds that come from the engine bay are the result of it. From what I've read here its not really that great of a product simply because it does not give a lot of a performance increase.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry about the dog hair had to take him to the vet this morning and havent gotten a chance to clean it up yet...
I appreciate the thoughts on the chip thing, sounds like the benefits dont outweigh the cost or the drawback...dang cause i was really trying to get it to around the 200hp mark or so, in theory...
I like the thought of forced induction but beings that it is my daily driver i want to keep it semi reliable, but id consider it if you guys have heard that its still decent as long as the boost is minor then i might do it...
And again appreciate the warm welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.