Scion XB Forum banner

New mods, few pics

6K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  markio 
#1 ·
I thought I'd post a few pics of my recent mods. Its still freezing and snowing like crazy here in Ohio so i still haven't got a chance to get some good exterior pics. :(

Setting up to Plasti-Dip the front. Taping all this off took the longest lol.

Heres the finished Product. I am very happy with the outcome. especially for my first try!

Here I am in the middle of my Tanabe strut bar and Weapon R intake. I purchased both from member ntm here on this forum. Thanks again!!! Who knew a strut bar installation would be so in depth lol. I quickly found out that the whole wiper cowl and wiper assembly had to be removed lol. not fun in 20 degree weather.

Finished pic of strut bar and the intake installed. the wiper cowl and assembly is still removed in this pic. I am very happy with both. I noticed a tiny bit tighter steering. the strut bar works well with my Tein springs. and the intake gives it a tad more pep in the mid range rpms and gives it a good growl. It definitely makes 3rd gear more fun! :D

TRD rear door sill protectors thanks to 5zero4!

TRD front door sill protectors. I'm very happy with these! they look great and install was a breeze. Thanks 5zero4

And my Tsudo exhaust just came in last week as well. I'm planning on putting it on on Thursday. when ever I do I will post more pics up here!
I just cant seem to stop by things for my box! Its just too much fun!

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a matching rear bumper protector with silver TRD too. Still have to put it on. To much salt and road grim right now. I want to give it a good wash before I install it

#5 ·
Looks awesome bro! I need to redo my plasti-dip since its starting to peel in some spots. I guess I didnt lay it on thick enough this time

#7 ·
I'm afraid I didn't lay mine thick enough too. I did mine in the middle of January in like 35 degree weather and kind of rushed. It turned out really well but with all the salt, ill be surprised if I don't have to re do it come spring

#10 ·
I just scooped up a few more car parts off line. Ordered a set of AVS seamless low profile vent visors and finally ordered myself an eBay spoiler, prepainted and all. Both should be arriving Monday.

#13 ·
I'm definitely getting the eBay spoiler also. Good price and painted and looks oem style cool deal.

#11 ·
cant wait for more!

#12 ·
Nice work! You recommended the tsudo to me I may be taking a shot with it. How was the quality and fit and finish? I heard somewhere else the clamps cheap and exhaust had minor quality issues. I think I saw that on a vw sight. I rather trust your opinion than a vw blog. Lol. How does it look installed? Thanks.

#14 ·
the exhaust came to me a little beat up. Not terrible or anything but it had 2 small dings on the piping and 1 small ding on the can. And on the bottom side of the actual tip there were some scuffs. But you can't see any of this when its mounted. But the quality seems good and the welds seem to be good as well. As far as the fit I don't think it could be any better. Doesn't rattle against anything and hugs bumper nicely. I reused the spring bolts though instead of the ones the ship with it. But it comes with all the hardware too

#15 ·
here are a few more pics. i added a few more of the exhaust for you too NYxB, hopefully they help a little.

finally got my TRD rear bumper protector on!

and a few pics of the HIDs on

One more just for fun!

#17 ·
Cool thanks.

#19 ·
thanks for the comments guys! I'll post more pics when I get the spoiler and visors on probably next week weather permitting. I really really really need to get my 18s on too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.