Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I don't know if you all remember, I was having problems with the noise coming from the cowl. The manufacturer fixed everything-NOW I have a "ping" noise by (I think, hubby thinks otherwise) my seatbelt (where is comes out from the car)...does anyone have this noise coming from that area, and what did you do to correct it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
often, but not constant. Sometimes when I'm driving on flat even road but most of the time it's when the car goes over bumps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's the b pillar. I wonder if you can remove that stuff yourself or should I have the dealer check it out? my husband is a car guy but he's nervous he's going to break something so he's apprehensive about doing it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is there any site that shows where the clips are so we don't just tug at it? I know my manual won't show how to remove pieces.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just to update...I brought the car in on Friday. The mechanic only heard the noise twice and said he can't really say where the noise is coming from, so I might have to wait for it to get worse so they can pinpoint the problem. Typical answer from a dealership. the next day I had my husband call a rep from the manufacturer that I dealt with with the last noise problem and he had me bring it in today and he would look at it. We take it for a test drive in the parking lot and he hears the noise (thank god) and says it sounds like a weld came apart. This man knows his cars...turns out the weld at the b pillar wasn't that great, because the metal was rubbing against eachother..

I am noise free..LOVING the car again :D

1 - 6 of 14 Posts