Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I just got a 2014 XB with only 14K miles.
Very clean, leather, heated seats and lumbar added as well. Very clean and it seems that the previous owner really babied the XB.

Question regarding the battery, it seems new but I think is original (the entire car, even under neat looks new).
When should I have to replace it?

Also, on the warranty booklet there's a sticker mentioning that the XB comes with a second warranty (oil consumption) does that mean that it failed the oil test?

What else should I look for in the XB regarding issues that might arise in the future?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hello guys, I just got a 2014 XB with only 14K miles.
Very clean, leather, heated seats and lumbar added as well. Very clean and it seems that the previous owner really babied the XB.

Question regarding the battery, it seems new but I think is original (the entire car, even underneath looks new). When should I have to replace it?

Also, on the warranty booklet there's a sticker mentioning that the XB comes with a second warranty (oil consumption) does that mean that it failed the oil test?

What else should I look for in the XB regarding issues that might arise in the future?

Thanks in advance
- The battery should last between 6-9 years if you live in a mild climate and keep the water in the cells topped off.
- A common issue for older cars is a leaking water pump but that seems to be fixed after 2010.
- See the Oil Consumption thread for my reply on that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.