Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 XB Limited Edition 5.0 with 12,000 miles on it....It is the Gold Rush Mica color with solid black 18" low profile wheels and tires.....Nice looking ride that's for sure.....

Here is my question.....is there any way to make the interior warning beeper louder.....Like when the keys are in the ignition or when the lights are left on? Mine is so low I can hardly hear it and I would like it to be a little louder if possible.....

This is my only complaint with the car thus far.......

Thanx.....Anita

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cheapest way is to move the seat up--closer to the speaker....haha :rofl:

sorry, couldn't help myself....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't think so, check and see if prior owner muted area with something. Maybe a Scion mechanic or someone on this site knows where its at.
I have hearing problems that change more or less each day it seems. I also seem to have memory problems and have walked away from the car and left it running at home and couldn't hear it running twice now :eek:hno:

·
Registered
782 Posts
The beeper and it's control logic is inside the instrument cluster module and not accessible, so unless the owner's manual mentions an option for adjusting that (don't remember seeing it, but maybe) I'm pretty sure the volume is fixed. I can normally hear mine fine unless there happens to be a lot of traffic close by.

I don't have to worry about leaving the key in the ignition since I always lock the car and I do it from the fob -- car's that get stolen are usually left unlocked, so I consider that a basic precaution -- like seatbelts. To me, the biggest potential pitfall is leaving the headlights on after removing the key, but I don't know of any official solution for that (always the possibility of a mod however :)).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can figure is someone must have muted the buzzer or something.....it is so faint that you actually have to sit very still with the windows up and doors closed to even hear it.....I don't wory so much about leaving the keys in the car because I too use the fob to lock an unlock the car, but what does concern me is leaving the headlights on.....so having a buzzer would be a huge help.....I'll get the book out and see if there is anything in there about it.....I thought I looked before, but will do so again.

Also want to make a comment about how flippin' fast the gas hand moves on my car! It really alarms me that it seems to use a lot of gas according to the gauge, but I am averging 27-29 mpg highway.....but boy that gauge really drops fast! :eek:

Thanx...Anita

·
Registered
286 Posts
I noticed that too but It is a 2.4L engine so it will eat up gas. I don't care anymore...I really like the car.... :naughty:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
krooozn said:
Also want to make a comment about how flippin' fast the gas hand moves on my car! It really alarms me that it seems to use a lot of gas according to the gauge, but I am averging 27-29 mpg highway.....but boy that gauge really drops fast! :eek:
I know right?!

·
Registered
782 Posts
krooozn said:
All I can figure is someone must have muted the buzzer or something.....it is so faint that you actually have to sit very still with the windows up and doors closed to even hear it.....I don't wory so much about leaving the keys in the car because I too use the fob to lock an unlock the car, but what does concern me is leaving the headlights on.....so having a buzzer would be a huge help.....I'll get the book out and see if there is anything in there about it.....I thought I looked before, but will do so again.
My buzzer definitely doesn't require straining to hear, though I would describe it as being somewhat polite (which is fine by me -- I tend to find raucous noises objectionable)). If it really isn't clearly audible in quiet environments and you see nothing in the manual, I'd ask the dealer for assistance.

Thanx...Anita
I don't remember exactly on this, but I'm thinking the xB2 gas tank only holds around fourteen gallons. This suggests, depending on how you're driving, the needle could drop faster than you're used to. However, my Eclipse Turbo gets 300+ miles per tank and so does my xB, so I've personally no room for complaint, especially since my Eclipse prefers 91 octane, whereas the xB is happy with 89 :).

My suggestion on this is to look to your driving habits for possible ways to improve gas mileage. Speaking for myself, I tend to coast a lot with the xB, it rolls very easily with properly inflated tires, and if you add applying a light foot to the throttle, it does very well IMO :)!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I had a long post that seems to have vanished . . .
Oh well . . .

Short version:
First, the tank is 14 gallons . . .
When the gauge indicates "empty," I end up putting about 11 gallons in the tank to return it to full.  So, the "reserve" on the xB is aprox. 3-4 gallons (depending on where on the gauge you think is "out"), which is 20-30% of total fuel capacity.  Thus, you are only looking at 2/3-3/4 of what the xB can actually go and the related fuel use.
That's the main reason the gauge needle falls so fast.

One trip, I was WAY out in the country-side and ran on the bottom of the gauge for over 20 minutes, all the time worrying about getting stranded on the side of the road (no gas stations AT ALL for an hour).  When I finally found a station, I STILL only put 12.5 gallons into the tanks.  Therefore, there was 1.5 gallons still in there, enough for 40-or-so more miles.  I was in fine shape.

·
Registered
614 Posts
krooozn said:
I noticed it when I first got the XB, but it has a smaller tank compared to my Chevy Astro Van. I more than doubled my MPG compaired to the Astro, but the tank seems to last just as long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Blk Box said:
Don't think so, check and see if prior owner muted area with something. Maybe a Scion mechanic or someone on this site knows where its at.
I have hearing problems that change more or less each day it seems. I also seem to have memory problems and have walked away from the car and left it running at home and couldn't hear it running twice now :eek:hno:
I have walked away from my car with it running too. It's kinda scary!! :eek:hno: You're just off in your own little world and you just forget!! Thank god it's only happened twiced and both were in my driveway. It's usually when I'm really nervous or stressed about something. Now I just kinda slow down and do a mini check list once I get out of my car. It definetly helps!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.