Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, I am new to the forums and new to the SCION world. I just got my 2012 SCION BOX about 2 months ago. Please help me with suggestion or point me to the right way to learn more about "DA BOX"

ANY AND ALL help is greatly appreciated.....thank you

· Registered
422 Posts
Very nice Box you got there. I'm loving the rims and layout. Is that the dual Borla exhaust? Most people will say get a cold air intake in there but I'm for the K&N short ram intake. It comes with a heat shield and you never have to worry about water getting into your engine. Plus when you have to clean the filter you don't have to remove the bumper to have access to the cone filter. Lower that XB with some springs and get some suspension mods. A good website for modifications is FastScions.Com - Home and TRD Toyota-Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey salvation, yeah that is the Borla Cat Back System. I have to get the engine pics on here. I have the Cold air system with the TRD sturt Bar. I went with the TRD Lowering Springs and the TRD Racing Struts......but.......I want to go SOOOOOoooooo much lower. I have seen alot of articles on air rides and I LOVE the bolt on setups offered. What gets me is that I do not want to kill the warranty by cutting into the car. I have looked into lowering springs but I just don't know any brands or types that I should be looking into buying. I also Love the whole Staggered look, wheels cambering and all ( I apologies that I do not know the correct terms).

· Registered
422 Posts
I wish I could lower my box period. My driveway is too steep.

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
DF210 lowering springs are the best ride and very low. If you don't want to go air or coilovers, then go DF210s. This will not voice your warranty. Im on air and have had no warranty issues.

You need to go to the control panel, User CP, then on the left hand side you'll see edit avatar.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Coilovers......I likey coilovers.....How is the ride though...I really can't do bouncy bounce down the road. You say that air does not kill the warranty, I really have to look into this. oh.....ummmmm.....
Phobic, I am really bad with forums.......where would the control panels be????lol

· Registered
372 Posts
hids wud be a nice upgrade for ur box :) ohhh also leds for ur maps/dome and leds in the rear (license plate,reverse,brake bulbs..least thats what i did lol.....nice box u got dude! im also looking to lower my box but havnt had the funds...yet......coils are sweet dudde! they pricey too lol

· Registered
243 Posts
welcome the site! the super white is looking good. it appears that you've gotten alot of the basic done already. if you plan to stay with lowering springs i recommend the rear sway bar. it will improve the ride and handling.

· Registered
846 Posts
hids wud be a nice upgrade for ur box :) ohhh also leds for ur maps/dome and leds in the rear (license plate,reverse,brake bulbs..least thats what i did lol.....nice box u got dude! im also looking to lower my box but havnt had the funds...yet......coils are sweet dudde! they pricey too lol
While adding LED's, don't forget to put one in the glove box. I just did, and all of my friends really like it,not to mention, that is a good thing to have when it's needed. lol

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
HIDKID......That is mos def on the list to do.....Top and Bottom, I love the bumper verticals, interior and Lic. plate are all getting HID makeovers. Ero....I was snooping under the car alittle and I saw a rear sway bar on my XB.....I have to investigate more but I know there's what seems like one under there....thanks for the heads up though. I have some ideas that I want to do but I am RREEEEAAAAAAALLLLLllllly afraid of nulling that warranty....What to do, What to do.....lol

· Registered
372 Posts
if u looking into hods i think i have 2 spare kits 35w h11 6k...bought emm for my box but upgraded to 55w within a weeek so one os used and another is new pm me if u want and ill answer an questions u have:)

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will def. let u know......are those the correct bulbs for the headlights of 2012 xb???? I will also need the Foggs and I want to get the vertical LED so bad.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.