Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I purchased my 2008 Scion last weekend (used, 24,000 miles). I just filled the windshield washer fluid for the first time, and it doesn't seem to work...now, all I did is take the cap off, and fill the tank, and put the cap back on. Is there something I missed? What's that "black plastic chain" in the reservoir for? Was I supposed to do something with that?

My windshield washer worked before, when I brought it home from the dealer...I just ran out.

Have a feeling I missed something simple and basic, just don't know what...

Thank-you...Love my Scion!

Best Regards,

-David

·
Registered
739 Posts
Can you hear the pump working? If you can hear it, maybe you just need to let it pump a little longer as you may have emptied the system completely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning,

Yes, I've heard the pump running. This morning, the rear window did get fluid, but the windshield still did not. The tube is definitely full, all the way to the top. I suppose it could be frozen, but, it's 19*, which is balmy by Maine terms for winter. I'd hate to think it might freeze-up at that temperature (my previous car was a Mercury Sable, and would pump windshield washer fluid properly even at -26*, which it was last February).

Is there only one pump for both front and rear? If so, that certainly means there's not pump failure, since the rear got fluid this morning...

Thank-you,

-David

·
Registered
739 Posts
David.

There is only one pump. Call the nearest dealer and see what they say. It should be covered under warranty if there is a problem with the pump.

Come back and let us know what they said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.