Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was able to secure a 2013 Scion xb yesterday.

I still own a Chevy 2500hd with the duramax diesel motor, which WAS my daily driver. The cost of diesel went through the roof here in central/southern CA within the last month, from being cheaper than regular, to now being more than 40 cents more. Fillups on the truck were costing me $120+.

I am currently leasing my Scion, using the pure lease program offered on the Scion website.

I will leave it stock, with minimal mods, like a k&n, and maybe some cree reverse lights/interior lights for now.

I have been looking at xb's for some time now. I know they are targeted toward the younger buyer, but with the seating space, and the storage space throughout the cabin, along with the small cargo in the back, it is perfect for my daily 32 mile commute, and looking forward to use for getaways to the mountains and beaches with my wife, without the 2-300 dollar fuel bills that usually accompany such trips.

I do have a question of you 2nd gen owners... Do you know of anyone that makes a reusable filter for the air conditioning filter part aq1102? I did search the first two pages of google search, with no luck.

Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
Funny you should say that the B was marketed for younger buyers. A lot of owners are closer to my age (70). As far as the filter is concerned, I think you mean you the cabin filter. There is a mention of using a furnace filter in place of the OEM part on this forum.Finally, I think you'll like your new xB, happy driving.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the site! :)

As for the cabin air filter, many of us just buy a house furnace filter and cut it to fit. I actually just did this myself a couple weeks ago. I thought it looked good and the materials only cost about $10-15.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Wecome!!!!

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.