Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case any of you are interested there is a "New" diecast Scion xB2 out there. I know that there was one for the 1st Generation and now there is one for the xB2. There are 1/64th scale (Matchbox Car Size) They only come is Silver. I bought a few. Waiting for them to come in. If anyone is interested the extras are for sale for $15.00 each which includes Priority Shipping. Want one? Send a PM. Here is a Photo:

Attachments

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try clicking on this one.

Attachments

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Where are you finding them?
I've been looking and am not seeing them anywhere.

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I meant in local stores . . .
Hehehehe

like Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, ect. I've seen ones that carry the Maisto, just not the B, not yet.

· Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
ordered mine, gonna repaint it and make it proper. can you guess a color?
You're lucky that model already comes with the rear spoiler on it. Can you imagine trying to find one that size?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I have a feeling it will become more common on shelves and in the Maisto assortments. Walmart usually keeps a fair number of them in stock, and prices them under Hot Wheels.
But, if you MUST have one now:

In case any of you are interested there is a "New" diecast Scion xB2 out there. I know that there was one for the 1st Generation and now there is one for the xB2. There are 1/64th scale (Matchbox Car Size) They only come is Silver. I bought a few. Waiting for them to come in. If anyone is interested the extras are for sale for $15.00 each which includes Priority Shipping. Want one? Send a PM. Here is a Photo:
Trust me, for the amount of time you'd spend driving around looking for them, this would be cheaper.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Maisto also makes on in their "Fifty5s" series. I got some on ebay (after being completely unable to find them for sale at ANY store or my usual Maisto/diecast vendors) and they measure out to close to 1/43 scale, which is compatible with O Gauge (Lionel) trains.
Comparing it to a known size accurately scaled 1/43 car, the proportions are off a good bit. The width and height are close, but it is about 1/2 inch too short. Basically, it's an xB2 but in xB1 proportions. The difference is most noticeable in the nose, which is WAY too short:
(All images found through Google)

Edit: It looks like a caricature version of the B . . .

The REASON very few sell this line is that it is an odd collection of car types and most vendors only want one or 2 of the models and have NO use for the rest. As the cases come mixed, they will have ones they can't move, so they don't bother at all.
I was offered several chances to by a case, but declined.

The case would be a completely random mix of:
2009 Nissan 370Z
1972 Datsun 510
1985 Toyota Tacoma
Mistsubishi Lancer Evolution
1975 Datsun Truck 620
Scion xB

Few vendors want more than half of those, and they are in a odd scale/proportion for most collectors.

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
a site you bought them from might be nice
I did a Google search and it was the first one listed. Same as the site you posted the link to. Is that where you purchased yours?

· Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Diecast are going fast. I only have three left.

· Registered
243 Posts
have any xb2 diecasts left?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Thread update:
The Maisto 1/64 ones are now a "standard" Walmart item, as of 2013. They are sold in a 2-pack with a silver xB and a dark green-blue Ford Explorer Sport-Trac. It is in the "store brand" "Adventure"-something line, Walmart's line of Hot-Wheels/Matchbox scaled cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.