Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, My name is Chris and I have been in and out of the modding community for a long time. I have not been active as of late.. But now (i think) that is about to change. I at one time was one of the pioneers of the Jeep SRT8 for mods and had the worlds fastest for a while([email protected] I was a major contributor there. I am happy to try to help in any way possible.

I am now the owner of an 08 BCC xB and I am trying hard to waist no time to get it to where I want it. I purchased it less then a month ago. Here are some pics of the ride. I will be producing a short for Steve @ ScionPro. He seem to be good people and so far has been true to his word!

· Registered
647 Posts
I am dying to go air ride. How is the ride quality? Post a couple of more pics with it layed out.

I personally do not care for gold wheels but they do work well with that color and white

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I wanted white with gold, but could not find a 5spd one local and the deal was too good to pass up on this one. I am not 100% on the wheels yet. My options are open. They are better then stock and for $400 they work for now.

Ride quality is good, bouncy at full height... impossible to turn at full low.. in the middle it is not much different then the stock ride.

Here are some more pics

· Registered
647 Posts
I noticed in another post that you said the kit was easy to install. How long did it take you and did you change your rear shocks to get the extra inch?

BTW...It looks wicked low. Just the way I like mine rides... Nice work.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed in another post that you said the kit was easy to install. How long did it take you and did you change your rear shocks to get the extra inch?

BTW...It looks wicked low. Just the way I like mine rides... Nice work.

It took about 3hrs for the front and rear.. probably less, the long part was the wiring and clean up part of the install. I have a timelapse with a clock in front of the camera, the full video should be up in a week or so!

And no I did not change the rear shocks... and I do not need to go any lower then it is.

· Registered
647 Posts
Steve and I talked for about an hour today. Good guy. Since I live so close, I am going to ride up there and see what I need. I have too much audio equipment to do what you did. Mine will have to be custom. I hope to iron things out by Monday and be on air by next weekend. I will be changing my rear shocks to get the extra inch.

Thanks for the extra incentive. Seeing your B really pushed me to changing my suspension to air. Thumbs up!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve and I talked for about an hour today. Good guy. Since I live so close, I am going to ride up there and see what I need. I have too much audio equipment to do what you did. Mine will have to be custom. I hope to iron things out by Monday and be on air by next weekend. I will be changing my rear shocks to get the extra inch.

Thanks for the extra incentive. Seeing your B really pushed me to changing my suspension to air. Thumbs up!

Good Deal! The adjust-ability is great, speed bum... Up we go. You will love it!
BTW, I am not sure why the shocks are needed, cant you just get some shackles from Advanced and move it down a notch? Just a theory...

· Registered
846 Posts
Being a senior member,I remember reading in Popular Mechanics when a kid that Mercury came out with air ride (1954 I think).At first it was bouncy and valves had to be installed to control this. It was said to ride nicely but really never went anywhere.In '58 Chevy had air ride as an option in the Impala,but it cost over 3/4's of what the car cost (not many were ordered). A friend of mine had a convertable with air ride,and in the mornings,he had to let the pressure build up so the car would rise to ride height.

· Premium Member
271 Posts
loving eveyhing about ur b.....

cant wait to bag mine, but being in australia parts are hard to come by...

1 day maybe

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
loving eveyhing about ur b.....

cant wait to bag mine, but being in australia parts are hard to come by...

1 day maybe
Thank You,

Figure out how much shipping is... Either Steve can help send it or I can. SAVE UP Bro, its a simple simple kit that works

· Registered
647 Posts
Good Deal! The adjust-ability is great, speed bum... Up we go. You will love it!
BTW, I am not sure why the shocks are needed, cant you just get some shackles from Advanced and move it down a notch? Just a theory...
I am from the S10 world and from my experience the bagged rides with shocks always seemed to ride much smoother. Without them it is a wavy ride that feels loose. Not sure about the shackles. Never seen that. I just sent Steve some pics of mine and the stereo setup. I hope he can come up with something so I can be on air too.

· Premium Member
2,527 Posts
this is a clean setup. Ive been debating getting air on my ride but I honestly don't know if Id want to deal with all the maintenance of it and what not. But I did pickup a new daily driver today so it's def possible.

The kit from scion pro is an awesome choice and Steve will answer any question about it. Its great.

and the sienna shocks are the easiest way to gain that extra low cause its a simple swap and fairly cheap. a lot of xB 2 air rides do it.

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I kind of like those rims. The BBC is a good color for gold and those aren't like 30" DUBS, they're subtle.

I also would love to have air. Scionpro is the way to go for xB parts. I'm lowered on TRD springs with that huge body kit, so I'm just a few inches from the ground as it is. The rear is about 3/4" higher, so I'd love to drop it to make it level, but time will tell. Money is the word! Besides, my hubby thinks I'm nuts for wanting air. Little does he know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.