Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi from Central Florida .....new to Scion but owned an Element for 176k miles....so I am a fan O' the boxes...just purchased a 2015 black on black auto xb . I have already ordered larger rubber and rims Drag DR33 in grey and 205 65 16 's Michellins ...heres a pic front windows tinted legal 39 percent and sans hubcaps showing the steelies :) .

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
I noticed in the second pic, the chrome lug nuts. Where did you get the from?

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice welcome. I'm also out in Central Florida.what a weird percentage to have on your car from the get go. Ive ran 15% all around my whole life but that's cuz I'm a florida boy and I am trying to stay out of the Sun. 27% front and 15% back is the legal limit in florida but I've never really been bothered about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dale they are not chrome just brand new factory lugs / no rust yet ;) ...

Nerddad - Y the guy at the shop told me 39% was the legal limit in Florida so I took his word for it ....do I wish I had gone a "tad" darker Y probably .......

Y brick I really "HATE" small diameter tires that don't fill a wheel well - so I am ditching these asap - right away . I will sell the new original tires and rims to help offset the cost of the new ones....its always been a pet peeve of mine to see "tiny" tires on a vehicle . Honda Elements had pretty small tires too and when you drop a set of larger rubber on them it TOTALLY changes the character of the vehicle both driving wise and visually . I checked out your page - nice ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Repurposed my 2002 CRV cargo mat .....I decided just to trim it as best as I could to fit the XB cargo bay ...it actually didn't turn out too bad .

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Weathertech in channels XB

Weathertech in channels arrived today ......p/n's 82469 fronts dark tint , p/n 80469 front swd dark tint , 81469 rear swd dark tint..

The fronts install with no double sided sticky tape - just go in the channels ? However the rears have a small strip of tape on each end and go in the channels . A few pics before and after ....

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So today I had a little free time and some "stuff" laying around....Soooo I did a red pin stripe down the sides .

THen since my bugshield is on order I decided to use some carbon fiber vinyl I had laying around to use as a hood protector and tailgate protector ....it came out "o.k." and is better than chipped paint or scratches :) .

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Closeups .....bug shield , bumper / tailgate protector .

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the cal late last night rims were ready ...205 65 26 DR33 drag wheels. closeups showing the wheel well gaps . I wish Ihad gone bigger ...oh well...all my mods are done.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the call late last night rims were ready ...205 65 16 DR33 drag wheels. closeups showing the wheel well gaps . I wish Ihad gone bigger ...oh well...all my mods are done.

Corrections - sure wish you could edit these posts !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Bug shield installed ...I like it..... EGR brand....didnt care for the wimpy attaching hardware that came with it...so I drilled the factory hood holes and put +14 self tapping screws in it ...really sturdy now.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.