Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nice site.............we just bought our first scion yesterday. It's our 6th Toyota though. We bought an '08 with 47K / one owner / sold locally / all maintenance records for $9500. "real" NADA value was $10025, so I figured we got a decent deal. I will be looking for tires in the next few months, I want high mileage and quiet running..........suggestions?

My personal background..retired ASE Master Mechanic, now doing computer forensics for a "money making" hobby.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome to the site!

This is also my first Scion, but my 10th Toyota.

You can check Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels for tire reviews, they break up the tires by performance category (summer, performance, all season, snow, etc) and you can look at the review surveys to see what people experienced including noise and tread wear. You can read the individual reviews too however that can eat up a lot of time.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!
This is my first Toyota, after over a decade of (basically) just driving a Miata (still own), after 7 years of a VW Vanagon (and just about a year with an Audi 5000-which my granmother borrowed and killed).
Let's say, I drive one car for a LONG time . . .

As for rubber, I have no idea-> I am always looking for something else, like cost effective high performance.

· Registered
243 Posts
welcome to the site!

you made a good purchase on the '08, it will be a classic one day. you will learn alot about your xB2 on this site.

i have tried four (4) different sets of tires on mine and found the Nitto NT850 Premium my best choice. they're quiet, responsive, look good, and offer a 30-day trial period on a set of four. Nitto is coming with a new Motivo line that looks promising. be on the lookout for those. tirebuyer.com has the best prices and customer service is exceptional. they drop-ship to an installer near you for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.