Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My wife and I are owners of a 2009 Release 6.0. We've owned it since 2010. Nothing really done to it other than tint and wheels. I just figured I would be well off becoming a member of your forums so I can scratch that modification ich that I've had since I got rid of my last toy. I hope to learn a lot from everyone here and hopefully I can help some of those that need it as well. My name is Dave so if you need me dont hesitate to shoot me an PM. Thanks and laterz!

:cheers:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!

Stock is fine.
But, modded is just as good. You mention modding. What kinda plans you got?
I've been through several schemes, plans, and directions. We can help and advise.

·
Registered
185 Posts
welcome! Glad to see a release series joining! Yes please do fill us in on your mod plans! :)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Welcome to the club dude...

As mentioned before what's plans for the box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the warm welcome everyone. So our box is #1951 of 2500. We bought it with 35,000 miles and it currently has 60,000 miles. It came with Enkei BRDT 18" rims which in my searches is different if not rare. There are flaws unfortunatly. When we bought it we noticed that someone had keyed both sides and the previous owner (the dealership owners daughter) used touch up paint to fill it in. We did get a good discount but its still annoying. Regardless my wife really wanted this car so we got it. Then a couple of years ago my wife backed into a residential trash can and busted out the tail light and put a small dent in the corner. Unfortunatly we have yet to get it fixed. Maybe this tax return. Other than that it's a great car.

As far as plans go, I've been considering putting coilovers on. I'm not into the performance rather than the decency of the ride along with the look, therfore buying a $1200 set of coilovers is out of the question. I'm leaning towards Racelands after seeing some decent reviews. Next I want to get a Corsa catback with the dual tips and maybe a header if its worth it. Then next would be on to the headlights with a well needed HID setup. Why we have projectors without HIDs is beyond me.

So there is my abbreviated wish list which is suprisingly less expensive than my wishlist for my SRT-4.....LOL! So poke fun, I'm use to it...LOL! Again thanks for the greetings.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've been considering putting coilovers on. I'm not into the performance rather than the decency of the ride along with the look...
Welcome!

From what I've read on this forum, coilovers provide adjustable ride height and are lowest of the spring suspension options. However they do not provide a very good ride.

If you are after comfort and looks rather than performance, I suggest you look into Tanabe NF210 springs (for a moderate drop, springs are about 5% stiffer) or Tanabe DF210 springs (for a big drop, springs are about 15% stiffer). Many on this forum have these springs (I'm on NF210s) and most are happy with their setup.

You mentioned cost as a factor, so I won't mention air suspension (oops I just did) :)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The NF210s are about the same drop as the TRD, but maybe less drop. However, the TRDs are one of the stiffest of the springs (to enhance handling), while the NFs ride more like the stock springs.

I agree, you should look at the NFs for your drop.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Stock shocks/struts and with those you won't need anything drastic for camber, just a good alignment post-install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good. I think I'm going with the DF's. Slightly more aggressive drop. I know all the info I need is on here already so I won't bother ya'll with questions on this thread, but thank you for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.