Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! .. I'm Alonda. I've had my 2012 XB for almost a week and I love it !!

I have so many ideas about the way I want to customize it, but so far only changed a few bulbs and tinted the windows.

Where can I find affordable parts?? I'm clueless ! :(

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Alonda!
Welcome to the site!
Most of my cheap parts are from eBay, but I put a lot of work in my car.
Feel free to visit the DIY forum , you'll find some amazing ideas and how to do the same on your ride!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Welcome!

What are you interested in?
For OEM accessories and some aftermarket, it's hard to beat TRDSparks
TRD Toyota-Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion

For other stuff, I would personally (Not as a mod here coloring my opinion):
ScionPro- Scion Parts & Accessories From the Scion Pro I The Scion Performance Part Expert
FastScions- FastScions.Com - Home
NOPI- Official NOPI Custom and Performance Auto Parts Since 1966
Custom xB- CustomXB.com - your source for Scion XB aftermarket accessories, parts and Graphics
Oznium (makes good LED stuff)- LEDs - flexible LED strips, LED modules, 12v LEDs
Meng Motorsport- Meng Motorsports - The Leader In Scion Performance Intake Exhaust Springs | Plug and Play HID Kits

Also:
http://www.carid.com/
http://www.scosche.com/

I've even gotten some from Cruiser Crap (GREAT, if have anything you want) Cool Crap for your Cruiser!

I'm sure others would also provide other vendors they have dealt with over time.

My, personal, 2 favorites are Sparks and ScionPro.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!

Many folks here take the time and effort to customize their rides and are also on a budget. For LED strips you can use eBay. Some items I found cheaper and easier on Amazon and you can read user reviews as well. For mechanical items like suspension I'd stick to name brands and reputable stores. There is no one stock answer or no one "go to" place.

Feel free to ask the forum about a particular item, someone (probably more than one) will likely have experience and/or an opinion on it!

Have fun!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Tell us what you like, and we will help where to find it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey hey welcome!
Also I'd mention discounttiredirect.com as an option for good priced wheels and tires.
I've learned a lot reading here in the forum while waiting to get some money! So many things to get :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help !!! and the links were very helpful.

I'm looking to start small by changing the grill and possibly adding daytime running lights. I will get rims but I think i will wait until the spring.

So for now I want to do little things, grill, lights, spoiler, fog lights and possibly a muffler.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I want to do little things...spoiler...
Read this thread:
http://www.newscionxb.com/135-do-yourself/6369-spoiler-wing-thoughts-insight-diy-tips.html

You can do a search on eBay for a knockoff spoiler, search for "scion xb rear spoiler painted". A number of us on the forum have installed these spoilers ourselves (me too) and are satisfied with the results. Much cheaper than OEM.

Painted 2008 2012 08 Scion XB Factory Rear Wing Spoiler | eBay

2008 Scion XB Painted Rear Spoiler Wing Factory Style | eBay

A spoiler and wheels will do a lot. Modding is a happy habit. Have fun!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Welcome Alonda. What part of Md. do you live in? I'm currently in Parkville and if you are fairly close, I'll show you the mod's I've done or Pm me with your Email address and I'll send piic's.They are the kind of mod's your looking for-not expensive but neat.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Picked up a lot of stuff from oznium.com and superbrightled.com. Also just ordered (last night and I'm anxiously waiting for) an HID kit from meng motorsports. There are tons of cool things to do to these cars. And the people on this forum rock. You came to the right place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.