Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order on TRDsparks and got an email saying they are waiting the new parts from TRD.

I questioned it and he said they are a redesign of some sort, something with a bracket?

Anybody have more information on this? Curious to what changes they did.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Jamie or Ken will have to answer THAT one from them.

(As for me, I am planning on the Hotchkis sway set . . . )

·
Registered
326 Posts
Keep us updated,I bought and installed mine back in May, if this one is better, I might have to look at switching it..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will take some pics when I receive it (if it is any different). No ETA as of yet, but they told me it shouldn't be too long, hopefully!

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I wonder if the new design corrects a defect or is just an improvement. The TRD swaybar is on my list of future purchases, but I'm glad I didn't rush to get it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The TRD swaybar was my very first aftermarket install back in February, and I explicitly followed TRDsparks PDF instructions (what can I say, I'm like that :)!) I don't do race track driving, but in my normal real world driving, I've experienced no problems at all, the sway bar dramatically transformed my xB2's lean behavior. It's great!

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I've been patiently waiting for the new TRD swaybar too. Sparks has it on their website, so I checked my local dealer yesterday. They don't even have a listing yet and the Regional Parts Warehouse had no information, so I contacted a friend at Toyota Corporate. His reply...

"Mike, I looked into the delay. Our accessory department told me that they had made some changes to the sway bar to make it more durable for the long run. There are parts and they are starting to show up at the our Parts warehouses. Once all the parts warehouses are stocked, they will release the part. Normally stocking the parts warehouses takes about 2 weeks. So I would think that the sway bar should be available as early as 2 weeks, but no longer than 1 month. Remind me in 2 weeks and I will check the status."

G

·
Oh yeah I thought they came out tomorrow..guess not since tomorrow is saturday. Let me know what you think and post some pics Im thinking about getting one soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.