Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the TRD wheels had to go. Tires were almost $1000 locally, or $820 from Tire Rack mounted here locally....or I bought the 17"s here...mounted and balanced with new wheels...$838. I think they look better than the 19's. It rides better, quieter, with minimal loss of handling. Not to mention the cost savings on the next set....What do you guys think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

old look

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
225/45 17 I think? Thanks guys. I think they look fabulous too. I have the car pretty much blacked out, but I don't like solid black rims....especially on a black car. I like that these have some contrast but not so much to detract from the blacked out look. Although I like t e. 19" rims, they made the interior noise almost unbearable, and the ride? Wow, it was horrible. Very stiff. The 17" wheels I think look less over the top too. The handling did suffer slightly, but not enough to endure the harshness of those tires.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
These are modo m16 I think they call them? Also the tires are Fuzion high performance closeouts. Cost only $244 for the set! That's a steal! Tire rack mounts and balances for free (well included) That will save you almost $100. Plus, you just go outside and mount them instead of waiting on a grease monkey at some sleazy tire store to mount your new tires.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a more fair comparison. What do y'all think? I took these right before and after I swapped in the same light and postion.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THanks man. I think they almost look bigger than the 19s because the way they run all the way out to the outside of the wheel instead of turning into the wheel like the 19s do. I looked at a zillion wheels on tirerack.com to see what it would look like. There were a few others I considered, but I think these looked best, and they were only $116 each. THere was a lot of stuff that I didn't think looked as good that they wanted a lot more money than that for.

:)

· Registered
601 Posts
Nice, I do like those better than the TRDs. They look great! And really no loss of style going down to 17". I think they look better like that actually. They look good with the machined finish surface going all the way to the outer edge, kind of like you see on lots of Kia vehicles, especially with your BSP.

Good to see those are 17"s since that's what I'm planning to go for. Thanks for your impressions of handling difference!

What about TPMS? You can't swap them out if they're mounted and balanced by Tire Rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.