Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed the papers on a new 2011 Stingray Metallic 5-speed last night. We will be picking it up Friday or Saturday as soon as the prep is done.

The Mrs. and I had been window shopping for the past couple of years due to both the age of our cars ('95 & '98 Nissan 200SX SE-R) when the hailstorm on 4/27 converted both to "rolling totals".

We looked at the Cube (too small and tinny), Soul (kinda "soulless"), and the xB and all it took was one test drive. Not to mention the outstanding value the xB offers!

We will be doing very basic mods at first (K&N or TRD filter, new rims, possibly sway bar & strut brace) until we can get the storm damage to the house squared away and replace her car as well. (Based on just the test drive, she is already talking about another xB just for her!)

Well, that's about it for now. Time to start Googling new wheels... Now where is that credit card? ???

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Welcome to the best darn xB site online. I'm from about 90 miles north of you near Johnson City. We'll be moving back next Spring and can't wait to get back to good ole Tennessee. Enjoy that "B" and be careful...modding is an addiction.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Now my querstion is, Is the new xB yours or is it hers? haha. Later, when you get another one , is it going to be the same color or something completely dif.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the best darn xB site online. I'm from about 90 miles north of you near Johnson City. We'll be moving back next Spring and can't wait to get back to good ole Tennessee. Enjoy that "B" and be careful...modding is an addiction.
Thanks for the welcome and I too am a fellow Tri-Cities native. Grew-up running the back roads in Kingsport.

I'm all too familiar with the addiction of modding. My cars, my bike, my firearms, my computers, nothing remains stock for long around my house. (Just ask both our "modded" cats! Although I did let the vet do that particular modding.:eek:)

Now my querstion is, Is the new xB yours or is it hers? haha. Later, when you get another one , is it going to be the same color or something completely dif.?
This one will be my daily driver although we will use it to deliver her custom cakes until we get her one. That’s why I’m not modding the suspension just yet. (Custom Wedding Cake + Firm Suspension = me sleeping in the xB…)

She is already making plans for a Super White with Pink rims for her xB, although that is subject to change. Her plans are to basically make it her delivery vehicle, though knowing how she likes to drive, it wouldn’t surprise me to find a Descendant Turbo Kit waiting to be installed in it shortly after delivery… (Scotts-Irish Redhead with a touch of Colin McRae in her blood don’t you know.)

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
sucks about the hail storm. no available garage in your living space? I would have put plywood or something around my car to try and save it. haha

But a **** good reason to get an xB! welcome to the club man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it hadn't been for the 70mph wind, we would have thrown blankets over them. Granted, with tennisball sized hail, it probably wouldn't have mattered. The insurance companies have had over 20,000 auto claims and 30,000 homeowners claims in the Knoxville area.

Hope the dealership calls soon. I'd love to pick it up today!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Picked her up Friday afternoon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.