Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used 2011 Scion Xb. I'm loving this little car. I have plans for a roof rack and short ram air intake. Hope to see some fellow Xb'ers driving around!

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's auto, 19" rims, tint, seamless vents, pioneer scion head unit, and rear spoiler. I'm looking to add a roof rack and intake as soon as I figure out which I like. And thanks for the warm welcome. Digging this site already.

Oh, I'd also like to add more ac outlets

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Welcome!

On outlets, there are a couple how-to links or posts about that. Brickpig probably knows where they are (sounds like his kinda mod)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'd also like to add more ac outlets
AC might mean Alternating Current or Air Conditioning.

If you meant the former, then I assume you mean to add a 12VDC -> 115 VAC converter. The smallest ones can plug directly into your Accessory (cigarette lighter) socket. Larger ones (200 watts or more) should have their own fused power line from the battery, else you will likely blow the cigarette lighter fuse. Keep in mind the power produced can be "dirty" (different characteristics than a typical household AC outlet) so some 115 VAC items may not work well and/or may not live long. AC chargers should be OK (as for myself, I use a 12VDC -> 5VDC USB converter and the manufacturer's USB cable).

However you said "more" and since we already have 4 dash outlets, maybe you meant the latter and want more air conditioning outlets. I did add a right side defroster duct on my 1980 Toyota Corolla SR5 years ago, I simply spliced a new air duct into the defroster plenum under the dash, and built my own discharge outlet and plugged it into a blanked-off panel in the dashboard, near the RHS sideview mirror.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Correction to the above post: the proper term for a 12VDC -> 115VAC device is inverter (not converter).

Quick spot research: I found 12 Volt Inverter - 12 volt DC to AC Inverter | The Inverter Store they talk about the diffence between a pure sine wave (more like your household current), modified sine wave (from better inverters) and square wave (from old/cheap inverters) in their FAQ. Also see Power Inverters for Car for some examples of inverters.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sweet, welcome! Wow 19s. I like the dark gray look of the wheels on the silver xB. Any idea if it's lowered at all? Yeah lots to learn here. You're in the right place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BrickPig- Lol. Yes I meant 12vdc-> 5vdc to power GPS, cell phone charger, and my daughters DVD player.

HikingMike- As far as I know, it's stock height. The only mods I know of are those listed

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Welcome to the site!:cheers:

BTW black springs = stock

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I'll back him up on that!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
The colors look great

Im looking at roof racks too ... I was going to choose the inno, but I also like the rhino rack aero shapped bars. The euro bars might look better on a gen1 but we can pull off either I think.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you are looking for a usb car charger, another place to look is Monoprice.com. In my experience, they have very good prices and products (especially wiring/cables). Their main disadvantage is that they don't have free shipping. Though when I bought a heavy duty wall mount for my tv, monoprice was half the cost of most places even with shipping. I'm not associated with them in any way...just a fan.

Here are their car chargers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, thanks guys, you've all been a great help and inspiration already. Since I haven't got a new intake yet, can't decide on one, I've gone ahead and removed part of the intake snorkel, leaving just the small elbow coming out of the box to collect air.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.